Fun & Games - PIP

Options
14567810»

Comments

• rockingbilly
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    You read wrong. As usual

I deal with people face to face regularly and help them the best way I can. I try to help people on here if I can. But I am not "at work" when posting on here. I don't have to observe the niceties that I do there and just occasionally someone pees me off and I get a chance to rant. So here you go

We are literally rushed off our feet. The vast majority of us are volunteers who give their time and trouble to help people who need support, advice, assistance whatever. You've openly said on here that you have a top of the range car, you give your benefits to your grandkids, you don't need the money etc. Fine that's your decision. I can quibble with that and I do but hey - that' s who you are. Most people on here have you sussed that's for sure.

But, you know what got to me. You whined because you contacted the CAB and you didn't hear for seven weeks. If their branch is anything like the advice centre I am at they are incredibly busy. I am sure they said they would ring you back. I think there is a reasonable chance that something went astray amongst the mayhem and volunteers writing up cases, seeing lots of clients etc etc and they lost sight of the need to call you. It happens - I know that myself

But you couldn't get off your !!!! to call, email or drop in and politely ask if they could let you know what's happening. But you have time to come on here and moan, grumble and divert threads with the latest "disaster" in your world

And breathe

So no I don't deal with clients the way I speak to you - but, equally, I don't think I have come across anyone face to face anything like you.

I wonder if I'll get banned for this?

;);)

All I have ever wanted from this forum is help to try and sort out the mess I seem to be in.
    If someone tells me that they will ring to make an appointment that is what I expect. It's not for me to chase them up on the off chance that they have forgotten about me. I took the time and trouble to approach them so in return I expect the same.
    Have you any idea what it is like having to ask for help? When in the past I was a lot more able and fit enough to look after my own affairs?
    Do you not realise that people actually believe and rely on professionals for that help?
    To have it suggested that it is my fault that somebody forgot to contact me is beyond belief.

Actually I don't need all of this back biting, I have problems with my PIP claim which most are now suggesting is entirely my fault.

So by that token anybody that has problems with their PIP claim it must have been self inflicted.
    Great, a brilliant bit of advice.
    And finally if that is your opinion - 'So no I don't deal with clients the way I speak to you - but, equally, I don't think I have come across anyone face to face anything like you' I do hope that I never meet an advisor with that attitude should I ever need to visit the CAB in the future.
  • CTcelt1988
    CTcelt1988 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    Rockingbilly now throwing his toys out of his pram.

To be honest, you've had more help on here then you deserve. You've been hypocritical in your posts and also been rude to other posters.

It's up to you what you want to do to get PIP. You can't expect everything done for you.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All I have ever wanted from this forum is help to try and sort out the mess I seem to be in.
    If someone tells me that they will ring to make an appointment that is what I expect. It's not for me to chase them up on the off chance that they have forgotten about me. I took the time and trouble to approach them so in return I expect the same.
    Have you any idea what it is like having to ask for help? When in the past I was a lot more able and fit enough to look after my own affairs?
    Do you not realise that people actually believe and rely on professionals for that help?
    To have it suggested that it is my fault that somebody forgot to contact me is beyond belief.

Actually I don't need all of this back biting, I have problems with my PIP claim which most are now suggesting is entirely my fault.

So by that token anybody that has problems with their PIP claim it must have been self inflicted.
    Great, a brilliant bit of advice.
    And finally if that is your opinion - 'So no I don't deal with clients the way I speak to you - but, equally, I don't think I have come across anyone face to face anything like you' I do hope that I never meet an advisor with that attitude should I ever need to visit the CAB in the future.

Yes. I know what it is like to ask for help. Yes I know that people need us. I see it every day I am at work (and remember this work is volunteering) and I've been doing it a long time now.

If you walked through our door I would treat you exactly the same as anyone else. You would get your form completed and I would be nice and polite to you. As I said, though, I'm not at work when I am posting on this forum so I can take a bit of a different slant.

Nice bit of twisting by the way - you do that a lot. I didn't say it was your fault that nobody contacted you. I did say that when they didn't contact you you could have chased them up. In the end it's your form and you have to take some responsibility in getting it completed and in on time. And, nope, not everyone's problem with their PIP form is self inflicted - no idea how comments about the way one person does things can be extrapolated to that
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    Yes. I know what it is like to ask for help. Yes I know that people need us. I see it every day I am at work (and remember this work is volunteering) and I've been doing it a long time now.

If you walked through our door I would treat you exactly the same as anyone else. You would get your form completed and I would be nice and polite to you. As I said, though, I'm not at work when I am posting on this forum so I can take a bit of a different slant.

Nice bit of twisting by the way - you do that a lot. I didn't say it was your fault that nobody contacted you. I did say that when they didn't contact you you could have chased them up. In the end it's your form and you have to take some responsibility in getting it completed and in on time. And, nope, not everyone's problem with their PIP form is self inflicted - no idea how comments about the way one person does things can be extrapolated to that

I did take responsibility for the form after not being able to access Welfare Rights - I went to the Jobcentre for help.
    As for 'twisting' comments, I have to do that in life when I feel vulnerable if someone is getting too close to me. It is a form of self protection by diverting things away from me. Diversion is to me far better than facing the prospect of rejection.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure