Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• aife
    aife Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks , I'm in London so should always be screenings near me , but maybe more demand for tickets as well ?
  • goodfella66
    Options
    aife wrote: »
    Question for any Times + members here - If you apply for tickets for their preview screenings , do you usually get them ? Are they always over subscribed , or are there generally enough to meet demand ?
    Do you need to grab them at 6 am to have any chance ?
    Asking because they have a few subscription offers at the moment , wouldn't normally bother but they seem to have a lot of film screenings

Get there early but I have never had a problem in Leicester. Cinema is usually 3/4 full at best.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    aife wrote: »
    Personally I'd like to see all opportunities to get tickets for screenings on the Free Codes board , I don't look at the Discussion Board that much , it wouldn't really have occurred to me to check here for screenings

I have no opinion either way, but you can set up an email subscription (instant, daily, weekly) on both threads.

This is what I do so I don't miss anything :)
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

RED SPARROW

facing the same fate as the
    NORWEGIAN BLUE
    definitely a
    DEAD DUCK
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last night, for the first time ever, I was asked for ID in the same name as on the ticket.
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 26 March 2018 at 11:35AM
    Options
    regarding the ready player one screening yesterday

the ticket said start time of 10.30am (the usual time) but I arrived at hatfield at about 10.10am to be told the film had started at 10am so missed the start of the film

did this happen at other screenings too ?

just wondering if this was a mistake by just hatfield odeon or a wider mistake by the screening organiser

there were quite a lot of people already seated when we came in so I'm also wondering if somehow they found out about the screening time change beforehand ?
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 March 2018 at 1:59PM
    Options
    Just a FYI about the screening of Love, Simon in Cineworld, Renfrew Street, Glasgow tonight, got this email:

MDnKXwA.jpg
    Received about an hour ago. I knew some of Sauchiehall Street was closed off for a few days, but thought it would be back to normal by now!

Edit: Here's an update, if anyone's curious about what's happening http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16115786.Disruption_to_businesses_expected_to_continue_following_Sauchiehall_Street_fire/
  • theediscerning
    Options
    Inigo - it might well have been unique to you. There were some people in the Leicester screening at 10am when we arrived, but it started at half past. Blame the clocks changing!

It does happen, though - when we saw The Water Diviner as a freeview, they started half an hour early, and gave up after 20 minutes to begin again from the beginning; when I got in to War Horse the same thing but they weren't as kind...
  • Gloria_Steeth
    Gloria_Steeth Posts: 736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 April 2018 at 10:58AM
    Options
    Free preview: Beast on Sunday 22nd April at 10:30am or 12:00pm

There's a code for this in today's Guardian [STRIKE]but it doesn't seem to have been activated yet as I'm getting a 'not valid' messages... I'll post it here anyway in case anyone wants to try:[/STRIKE]

Book at https://www.seeitfirst.com and put in code DRHELB

It's at Everyman cinemas.

See https://www.beast.film for synopsis and trailer (<--that's not the free tickets website, it's just for reference!).

**EDIT** Thanks BossLadySal for confirming the code is working now. I've reposted it on the codes thread.
  • bossladysal
    bossladysal Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The code is working now!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family