IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Park Direct, DRP, Zenith & Gladstones

Options
Hi everyone. I've only just discovered this forum and, consequently, I think I can now see some light at the end of the tunnel.
I received a PCN from Park Direct in June 2016. I duly waited for the NtK to arrive and then I wrote to them twice to inform them that their claim for cash was not valid. I gave them at least three reasons and enclosed all the evidence. As expected, their reply was that they still wanted money. They did not refute any of my assertions or evidence, but stated that they would pursue their claim on the grounds that I did not appeal within their 28 day limit. There followed a string of begging letters containing all sorts of exciting discounts and offers. They then passed the "debt" on to DPR who then passed it on to Zenith (despite them being one and the same). I responded to Zenith's demand with a letter informing them that I disputed the claim. Needless to say, that fell on stony ground. After a hiatus of several months, I have suddenly received a letter from Gladstone "solicitors" advising me to pay up. In the letter, they state that they MAY advise their client to instigate court proceedings.
Having seen all the sound advice on this forum, I wouldn't be particularly bothered if they did. However, my initial question is simply how do I hold them off for a couple of months? I'm going on holiday soon and I really don't want to come back and find that they've instigated court proceedings against me in my absence and that I'm too late to file a defence. Any help with likely timescales would be much appreciated.

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh dear, three scammers in one post.

DRP= JUNK MAIL

ZENITH = JUNK MAIL

GLADSTONES = INCOMPETENT SOLICITORS

Is this a REAL Gladstones letter or a pimped out letterhead
    used by these stupid debt collectors ?
    Who do they ask you to pay ??
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If the letter has a ref starting with 3, and/or asks for money for DRPlus, then no solicitor has been involved and the debt collectors have just hired the headed notepaper rights to scare people. Never reply to debt collectors.

Come back if you get a court claim - we win 99% of them, when people stick around here getting not just a defence, but bespoke advice for the hearing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • TommyT1955
    Options
    Well spotted guys. The reference does, indeed, start with a 3 and they're asking me to pay direct to DRP. The letter also explicitly states that I shouldn't contact Gladstone's directly. There's a clue right there. Oh, they are scallywags and no mistake.
    Obviously, I've kept all the evidence and will do so for 6 years (you never know with these people). So, if any court case should ensue, I'll post on this forum and gather as much help as I can regarding how best to use it.
    Thanks for your contributions so far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TommyT1955 wrote: »
    Well spotted guys. The reference does, indeed, start with a 3 and they're asking me to pay direct to DRP. The letter also explicitly states that I shouldn't contact Gladstone's directly. There's a clue right there. Oh, they are scallywags and no mistake.
    Obviously, I've kept all the evidence and will do so for 6 years (you never know with these people). So, if any court case should ensue, I'll post on this forum and gather as much help as I can regarding how best to use it.
    Thanks for your contributions so far.

The old and boring DRP rubbish yet again

Best advice is cut the Gladstones pimped letterhead
    into tiny bits and follow instructions here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3Iq3XQkAw
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts