Millionaire Challenge

Options

Comments

• Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    if my cousin comes up with the money first, whichever is quickest as far as im concerned,

Sorry this just made me chuckle, sounds like something out of a gangster movie. :D

Good luck a friend of mine picked up a cheap sowing machine from a charity shop ( a bloody good one to) perhaps look around for cheaper alternatives as well while your saving? Or gumtree etc for 2nd hand?

For now yes I think I need to make a proper go of it, I am building up on the 2nd product (the one I was selling on facebook to) which is higher profit margins for me + I'll move onto the next one shortly although it's all money money money!!!

Will be breaking into my last box of 1000 soon for Product 2 so then I can think about ordering my next batch from China...it's pretty scary to say the least but once I've done it once it should be pretty straight forward the 2nd time. (I think I said the price I can get them at makes it worth using them myself but not to re sell on with eBay fees etc)
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • Kayalana99
    Options
    You know I am really worried about KC, she hasn't been on since April and her other thread said she hadn't been seen on facebook either :/ I do hope wherever you are your ok :(
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 26 July 2014 at 9:41AM
    Options
    Hi folks

Thought I'd drop by with a bit of a catch up......

Nothing really nice to report.

I am now happily settled into the new house. There is masses still to be done bit I'm just going to take my time.

The joiner next. I have a job sheet for him as long as my arm. Going to cost serious amounts of money but there you are, needs must.

I've also realised that it's probably a good idea to replace the boiler before the winter sets in. more money.

Speaking of money - I'm haemorrhaging cash at the moment.

Had a wee prang in my car. £75 excess. Dentist bill, £235 but I get most of that back of my insurance, have broken both sets of glasses so need to sort that out.

And.......hangs head in shame - left my phone outside the other night in the heavy rain:rotfl:managed to dry it out so that it is working but for some reason it won't charge. Need to see if I can sort that out. If not I'm hoping I can claim off the house insurance.

So as you can see the money is just flowing out of my bank account....

Definitely need to try and pull back and keep a tight rein on the cash flow.

Have been doing some serious decluttering and have stockpiled quite a lot of stuff ready to start selling in September. Not much point in doing it now because I find uAugust tends to go a bit quiet.

Other than that not much news,

My husband is rather unwell at the moment so spending lots of time with him. He has another chest infection and his GP is concerned about his left lung. I guess chest infections are going to become more and more frequent and tbh this is probably what will finish him off in the end. Pneumonia will probably be the final straw.

He's not eating much and tires easily but we are managing to keep him comfortable. Sounds awful but it's just a waiting game now. I've more or less put my life on hold for now so that I can spend plenty of time with him.

I'm just coasting along, trying to get the new house ship shape. Realistically that's all I can manage right now. All new projects and plans have been shelved for now.

My mothers condition has also deteriorated rapidly. Again sadly I fear that in her case it's just a waiting game. Dad seems to have accepted this now and seems resigned and a bit calmer.

He's unhappy in his new apartment and wants to move back to his cottage. He may as well so we need to help out with this. I'll help as much as I can but I may have to leave my sister to do most of the organising this time.

With the best will in the world I can't be in two places at once. ;)

Hope you all enjoying the warm weather.

We've had to rip out the old loft insulation and the upstairs rooms are boiling:rotfl::rotfl:

Right I'm off to water the garden, pick some raspberries and then do some shopping ....

Have a great week end.
  • evilqueen88
    Options
    Hello all!
    I am still trying to be a very busy bee. I'm having fun on bubblews, and other online thingys. I'm researching importing a batch of stock from China and its making my head hurt! So I am going to have a nice cool drink then go to bed! Just thought I'd pop in. Night all xxx
  • Kayalana99
    Options
    EQ if you get far with that would be interested to know what you're doing re delivery :-) I need to look into this properly soon with the intention of ordering but facebook orders have taken off though the roof and have no time spare atm it's all been one big juggle. Still got 4-5 orders to do despite being up till midnight yesterday catching up...ugh! (Not complaining really I am not!! lol)
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Just dropping by to let you know that my darling husband died on Sunday evening.

The days leading up to his death were calm and peaceful. He felt no pain and he was comfortable. The end, when it came, was gentle.

I feel a mixture of relief and gratitude that his end was pAinfree and that he was able to just gently slip away.

My sons and I are fragile and tired but we are doing ok.

There's a lot to do of course but we are just pacing ourselves.

We will be fine.........
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    So sorry to hear your news but very glad it was peaceful for you all.

My thoughts are with you all x
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I imagine it must seem simultaneously like it was too soon and a long time coming.

I wish you and your family all the best at this, and a cyber pot of tea and some cake x
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Cake is good.:D

Thank you.
  • ms_night_ryder
    Options
    Sorry to hear LL,Wish you and your family all the best.

When you read the majority of this thread, you kind of feel you are part of your journey from reading your posts.

Sending hugs your way. :)
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family