Options

Comments

• collybird
    collybird Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    paulshorse wrote: »
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

I said I'd keep you updated - Nick has just posted this on FB:-

Swagbucks UK - Just so you all know, there was a mistake with goals on sat and some people were given a goal of 100 rather than 80. this was a mistake and we are trying to work out how it happened. the goal was high today because USA cannot set a country specific target to accommodate a bank holiday. this tech work will be done to change that in future. So, contrary to popular belief, personalised goals were NOT brought in for non newbies this weekend. and tomorrow all users, including all newbies, will have a standard goal. Re the future, we will continue to look for opportunities to create larger bonus potential for achieving higher goals.

I think this will be a relief to many people and thank you to everyone for your input and help

Excellent news!

Personalised targets would be absolutely disastrous for me because of my shift pattern.

Thanks for your persistence with this.
  • fragmented
    fragmented Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Options
    paulshorse wrote: »
    .....the goal was high today because USA cannot set a country specific target to accommodate a bank holiday. this tech work will be done to change that in future.

Maybe that would also enable the UK targets to be set lower than the USA ones since we don't get as many offers to do as they have ? ... or have i been listening to Hot Chocolate singing 'i believe in miracles' too much again *sigh*
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    collybird wrote: »
    Excellent news!

Personalised targets would be absolutely disastrous for me because of my shift pattern.

Thanks for your persistence with this.

There's still a lot of things wrong with Swagbucks with lack of surveys and things not crediting but at least this should give new members a fighting chance, so to speak
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse
    Options
    fragmented wrote: »
    Maybe that would also enable the UK targets to be set lower than the USA ones since we don't get as many offers to do as they have ? ... or have i been listening to Hot Chocolate singing 'i believe in miracles' too much again *sigh*

Thanks for raising this point. USA have the mobile SBTV app and also radio. They also seem to have a lot more survey opportunities, although looking at their FB page they still get DQd as often as we do over here and they also have their problems with things not crediting. They also get swagbucks for using coupons in stores, but the USA is much more geared to that than here. Overall, there is more opportunity over there and I've always thought it was unfair that we should have the same daily goals as them. I think that this is definitely something that we need to pursue with Nick going forward
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    2014 goal £180/600
  • LarLar
    LarLar Posts: 212 Forumite
    edited 6 May 2013 at 11:50PM
    Options
    I completely agree our targets should be considerably lower since they earn more per offer and have so many more opportunities
    Goals (Christmas 2014 Journey Started 29th June 2014)
    Savings - £170 - £1,000 by 31/07/14
    Debt - £1,400 - £1,784 by 1/01/14
    Swag - 0,764/4,949sb 0/4 by 25/12/14 Freebies 0/100
    Online Earnings - £0.00 /£100 Vouchers - £0/£100
  • silverfairy
    silverfairy Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Swagbucks UK - Just so you all know, there was a mistake with goals on sat and some people were given a goal of 100 rather than 80. this was a
    mistake and we are trying to work out how it happened

Thanks Paul
    So do we think that there is any chance that members who got more than 80 but less than 100 on Saturday will be allowed that day's bonus?
    I'm not holding out much hope as I gave up at 82.It is very easy to claim a 'mistake' after all the complaints have been received and then hope their 'apology' is enough to try & make them seem fair.
  • silverfairy
    silverfairy Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Edit to above- still in annoyed frame of mind with SB.
    Everyone who had the 100 goal should be 'compensated' with 20SB as people who could have made it to 80 with SB TV probably gave up sooner as it was so high with next to nothing available to earn from.
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    This weekend is the first time I've not bothered with targets since they introduced them. Seeing 100 as my saturday target and not having a single survey all day I didn't even bother with the other stuff I normally to do boost it, pretty much did the same on Sunday too.

Just hit target today after doing the energy drink survey and a handful of app downloads on to my iphone (all of them are less downloads as reinstalling as I've done them before on various walls;) )
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • paulshorse
    Options
    Swagbucks UK - Just so you all know, there was a mistake with goals on sat and some people were given a goal of 100 rather than 80. this was a
    mistake and we are trying to work out how it happened

Thanks Paul
    So do we think that there is any chance that members who got more than 80 but less than 100 on Saturday will be allowed that day's bonus?
    I'm not holding out much hope as I gave up at 82.It is very easy to claim a 'mistake' after all the complaints have been received and then hope their 'apology' is enough to try & make them seem fair.

It would be nice, but I doubt it, silverfairy :(
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse
    Options
    Edit to above- still in annoyed frame of mind with SB.
    Everyone who had the 100 goal should be 'compensated' with 20SB as people who could have made it to 80 with SB TV probably gave up sooner as it was so high with next to nothing available to earn from.

I think you need to address this with Nick (Swagbucks UK) on facebook, silverfairy
    2014 goal £180/600
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills