Unrecognised searches on credit file (Noddle report)

Options
I was checking my Noddle report this morning and came across the following searches:
Lendable Limited (Sr, Ar, Cval) Lendable Limited (Ar Api) Administration Review 01/08/2017

Lendable Limited (Sr, Ar, Cval) Lendable Limited (Ar Api) Administration Review 01/08/2017

Lendable Limited (Sr, Ar, Cval) Lendable Limited (Sr Api) Quotation Search 01/08/2017

Bamboo Limited (Cval Tac Cr R) Bamboo Limited (Cr Api) Quotation Search 20/05/2017

Lendable Limited (Sr, Ar, Cval) Lendable Limited (Sr Api) Quotation Search 20/05/2017

I don't recognise either of these companies, and certainly haven't applied for any loans recently so i'm slightly concerned that some one has taken out a loan in my name? the address they have is an old one (my parents address) and i have lived there for nearly 3 years now. There is no credit accounts showing on my Noddle report that I don't recognise.

I'm just really confused as to who they are? and why they are doing quotation searches and admin reviews on me!

thanks in advance!

Comments

• welshmike_2
    Options
    If it helps I've seen lots of searches against my account that I do not recognize. I think that some companies have systems that do robotic searches against credit files for people they have obtained the names of.
  • 2catsandcounting
    Options
    But will this impact on my credit rating?!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    But will this impact on my credit rating?!

Err........No, not at all.

The credit reference agencies do a fantastic job of fabricating that one for you !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • 2catsandcounting
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Err........No, not at all.

The credit reference agencies do a fantastic job of fabricating that one for you !!

But i heard that if you have lots of searches on your credit file, it makes you look desperate, so not likely to get credit in the future?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 August 2017 at 2:58PM
    Options
    Your file can be searched by various different companies, if you get quotes for car insurance, house insurance, or any insurance, you may end up with 50 odd searches on your file, likewise debt collectors, or other lenders, may do searches depending on your circumstances.

Wont effect anything.

If you make multiple applications for credit, to various lenders, over a short period of time, then that may raise flags.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • resumoruf
    Options
    On a similar note I've checked my credit file today and there's search by Erudio, the student loan company, from March 2017 but i finished paying my student loan in April 2016. It's listed as unknown serach type. Any body have an idea why this would happen?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure