Underwear Refund / TK Maxx

Options
2»

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What does it say on the back of the receipt? When I buy ladies underwear from TK Max the staff mention that they are non returnable, except if there are faults.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    daytona0 wrote: »
    I used to work for an online retailer when the old legislation was in place and we ALWAYS refused returns for underwear due to hygiene. Not sure if this has since changed mind you, or if we were doing it wrong. In that scenario the consumers had distance selling legislation which gave them more rights (but not applicable to your case).

There was no exemption for those types of products under DSRs at all (so they were doing it wrong). Even under new regs they can only refuse if they were sealed for hygiene reasons and become unsealed after delivery.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • philatio
    philatio Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes you can take them back.

TKMaxx used to refuse to refund/exchange underwear unless it was faulty. For the past couple of years this has changed and they now let you return them just like any other piece of clothing.
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    There was no exemption for those types of products under DSRs at all (so they were doing it wrong). Even under new regs they can only refuse if they were sealed for hygiene reasons and become unsealed after delivery.

Learn something new every day!

Oh well, only had this come up like twice (knickers) in all the time I was there.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This thread is pants
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    This thread is pants

He has had plenty of support though. ;)