Deposit Envelopes

Options
Would you stick money in one of those deposit envelopes (the one near ATMs) if the envelopes stay in vision? I saw this at a bank near me. Can't believe such bad security. Tried to tell them, but there was no one on the desk.
I certainly wouldn't deposit my money there, suggest you don't either.
Advent Challenge: Money made: £0. Days to Christmas: 59.

Comments

• Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have used Nationwide's one (no internal cashpoint and the envelope goes straight back into the machine outside.) No alternative if you are a FlexDirect customer depositing less than £300. I'm not a massive fan and if I have over about £20 to pay in I will wait until a later date to pay in the rest.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    I have used Nationwide's one (no internal cashpoint and the envelope goes straight back into the machine outside.) No alternative if you are a FlexDirect customer depositing less than £300. I'm not a massive fan and if I have over about £20 to pay in I will wait until a later date to pay in the rest.

If you've got a FlexDirect and you don't like the restrictions you could also open a regular Flex Account, pay in at the counter when you like and then use internet banking/the app to do an internal transfer.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    If you've got a FlexDirect and you don't like the restrictions you could also open a regular Flex Account, pay in at the counter when you like and then use internet banking/the app to do an internal transfer.

Or use a Tesco bank account to pay in the cash, then transfer by internet; the advantage being that you can bank with Tesco for the whole time the customer service desk is open.
  • Dippybird
    Options
    You don't just put the cash/cheque in the envelope and leave it by the side of the ATM! These are blank envelopes for putting the deposit into the ATM.

You put the card in the ATM, select deposit and then there is a slot in the ATM which you put the envelope into. It prints accounts details etc onto the envelope and then the envelope, with the cash/cheque inside it, into a safe inside the ATM.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure