eBay mobile users and messages

Options
eBay mobile users and messages

Are eBay mobile users not seeing messages, and if not, why not?

Over the last year or so I have trouble getting replies from new eBay users where there is a problem with the address.

In one case I sent several messages including REMINDER in capital letter saying there is no house number in the address and no reply until in the end it disappeared from my eBay sales page.

I also have a custom made item and I have no way of knowing for sure but I expect it is mobile users who just order and pay for with no message stating what they want. For these items, I just wish there was an "opt out of mobile devices" in the eBay sales page.
Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.

Comments

• Huskydays
    Huskydays Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been using eBay on my iPhone for some time and have been receiving messages just fine (as far as I know) - I didn't have any problems when I was Android either although that was a few years ago and I'm sure the app has changed since then.

I think it's more of a problem that new users buying and then not understanding or remembering how to follow up on the purchase - which you'll get with any platform, not just Mobile.
    A witty saying proves nothing
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 June 2017 at 12:51PM
    Options
    Let's assume these are not mobile users; I would conclude they don't log into the email account or check spam on the email address associated with eBay. They don't log back into eBay either to browse nor to check if the item has been dispatched, nor even to query when it's not received, ever... BUT .... The feedback score continues to tick up, they are "spookily" making further purchases! :O :shocked:
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • emmbrook
    emmbrook Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I use eBay on my phone (Android app) tablet (app and website) and PC. I get messages across all platforms without any issues. Some people just aren't very competent at using eBay!
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Two possibilities - either they have opted not to receive messages 'live'; or they have an outdated/incorrect e-mail address registered, so would only see messages if they go to their account and spot they have an e-bay message.

In extremis, you could always try the e-mail address shown when you get a message to say the item has been sold.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    On the odd occasion I have had this and they haven't responded within a week or so, I refund and cancel it. That either prompts them in to logging in and then they see all the messages, or it times out and you get your fees back.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    within a week or so, I refund and cancel it.
    Aren't you worried that adding to your [business sellers] account total of cancellations is somehow damaging? I mean call me paranoid, but do you often wonder if there are stats on the things not always immediately apparent in your viewable seller dashboard?
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aren't you worried that adding to your [business sellers] account total of cancellations is somehow damaging? I mean call me paranoid, but do you often wonder if there are stats on the things not always immediately apparent in your viewable seller dashboard?
    Nope, not worried at all. Just make sure you select the reason "there is a problem with the buyers address" or whatever it says.

No point in worrying about ifs or maybes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure