MSE News: Energy regulator launches...

Options
13»

Comments

• nicobrum
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    A few years ago, I was with EON and switched via various collective offers several times to different EON tariffs ,making savings on each switch -but those days are gone unfortunately.:(
    I've been with EON since 2008. Last year I switched three times to new EON tariffs via their own website, the first two were cheaper and the last worked out the same as the second but extended that pricing by a further three months (the second two switches were for the maximum number of days in the future, I think about 53). It is possible still to multi-switch within a year with the same supplier but you have to keep an eye on it. That said, the last switch was beginning of September to start 28 October and since then all new EON fixed tariffs have been more expensive for me, some considerably more, but I live in hope before the end of October there will be another good one to switch to. For the sake of perhaps £50 per year, I don't see the point and I moved to EON from two other Big 6 suppliers (1 for gas, 1 for elec) neither of which I would switch back to, one is always way more expensive anyway.
  • JStewer
    JStewer Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    nicobrum wrote: »
    I've been with EON since 2008. Last year I switched three times to new EON tariffs via their own website, the first two were cheaper and the last worked out the same as the second but extended that pricing by a further three months (the second two switches were for the maximum number of days in the future, I think about 53). It is possible still to multi-switch within a year with the same supplier but you have to keep an eye on it. That said, the last switch was beginning of September to start 28 October and since then all new EON fixed tariffs have been more expensive for me, some considerably more, but I live in hope before the end of October there will be another good one to switch to. For the sake of perhaps £50 per year, I don't see the point and I moved to EON from two other Big 6 suppliers (1 for gas, 1 for elec) neither of which I would switch back to, one is always way more expensive anyway.

It is your money and you are, of course, entitled to spend/waste it how you like.

However, unless you are an unusually low user, I suspect your have underestimated the oncost you have incurred over the years.
    And that is without even considering possible cashback or referral payments.

But even if we were to accept your figures, I certainly know I could use the £500+ more advantageously than giving it to any fat cat supplier, especially when it is for exactly the same product.

And it seems it's not just MSEer's that think this way.
    More Brits than ever switching and ditching energy suppliers - as fat cats ramp up bills for millions of families

...Customers swapped their energy providers 7.7 million times last year, according to the regulator Ofgem, a rise of 1.7 million, almost 30%, on 2015....

...Of those who did switch last year, 47% were to small or medium suppliers as they continued to attract growing numbers of customers....
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/more-brits-ever-switching-ditching-9927884
  • PLYSU
    PLYSU Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    JStewer wrote: »
    It is your money and you are, of course, entitled to spend/waste it how you like.

However, unless you are an unusually low user, I suspect your have underestimated the oncost you have incurred over the years.
    And that is without even considering possible cashback or referral payments.

But even if we were to accept your figures, I certainly know I could use the £500+ more advantageously than giving it to any fat cat supplier, especially when it is for exactly the same product.

And it seems it's not just MSEer's that think this way.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/more-brits-ever-switching-ditching-9927884

Leave this person alone please.
  • rusty_frog
    rusty_frog Posts: 155 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 February 2018 at 8:56PM
    Options
    We are in the middle of switching from Iresa to Avro.
    Iresa objected twice to the switch even though were were well in credit for gas but had a small debit for electricity.
    I was aware of the debit but I didnt think this would be a problem as after all both were with the same company.
    I tried the support ticket route - waste of time, so made a brew and phoned them. 122 in the queue and 1hr 22 mins later, the operative agreed to transfer some of credit to square the debit.
    I notified them that I had stopped the direct debit, and would settle the final bill by cheque or bank transfer.
    If they dont read their support tickets, thats their fault!
    Time will tell.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    nicobrum wrote: »

Morning nicobrum and glad you're putting the forward switching tool on our website to good use.

You can forward switch through our website by up to 52 days in the future. No need to worry if the chosen tariff is removed from sale before this. Once a future date has been chosen, it'll be locked in and you'll still be able to go on to the tariff on the chosen date. There's also no exit fees when moving from one of our tariffs to another regardless of when this is done.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure