Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If they are saying they have paid it to another affiliate then they are lying. It really is that simple. If they have paid it to another affiliate then who is it ?.

I've been using Quidco - and Topcashback - for long enough to know what i'm doing and to know how this works. Gambling sites are never straightforward with Quidco which is why I take so much care in making sure I complete the transaction according to the Terms and Conditions.

If i'm so terrible at using the site, how come I joined SSE Energy recently and that cashback tracked and paid out just fine ?.

That wasn't "paid to another affiliate".

I'm going to look at the legal route because it's the principle of the matter more than anything. I am completely confident that I carried out this transaction properly and met the terms and conditions to the letter and yet I get shafted because of some phantom nameless "affiliate" who is keeping my money.

Hi @jasonwatkins

Thank you for your reply.

We will have mentioned in our initial message to you that the retailer is not obliged to inform us as to where the referral commission has been paid.

I do wish we could assist further in this instance however it is situations like this which mean we can never guarantee cashback, and I'm very sorry for all disappointment caused.

Kind Regards,

Jack
    Quidco Company Representative
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi @jasonwatkins

Thank you for your reply.

We will have mentioned in our initial message to you that the retailer is not obliged to inform us as to where the referral commission has been paid.

I do wish we could assist further in this instance however it is situations like this which mean we can never guarantee cashback, and I'm very sorry for all disappointment caused.

Kind Regards,

Jack

You can assist further. You can go back to the retailer and ask them why they're not paying out a perfectly valid cashback claim - but you won't because Quidco seem happy to advertise gambling sites who pick and choose who they pay out to.

But I get it. I should have learnt my lesson the last time I was shafted by the exact same reason with a gambling site on Quidco.

I'll certainly learn that now and make sure I move forward with legal action.
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    You can assist further. You can go back to the retailer and ask them why they're not paying out a perfectly valid cashback claim - but you won't because Quidco seem happy to advertise gambling sites who pick and choose who they pay out to.

But I get it. I should have learnt my lesson the last time I was shafted by the exact same reason with a gambling site on Quidco.

I'll certainly learn that now and make sure I move forward with legal action.
    You're wasting your breath trying to get help from the circus that is Quidco mate the money probably went in Quidcos pocket, take them to court as incentives must be honored.
  • jasonwatkins
    Options
    You're wasting your breath trying to get help from the circus that is Quidco mate the money probably went in Quidcos pocket, take them to court as incentives must be honored.

Oh I know from past experience that once the money has gone to the mysterious "other affiliate" then I might as well be talking to a brick wall.

The "other affiliate" is probably Bob from Accounts who's in the office next door ...
  • legendkiller2k8
    Options
    Oh I know from past experience that once the money has gone to the mysterious "other affiliate" then I might as well be talking to a brick wall.

The "other affiliate" is probably Bob from Accounts who's in the office next door ...
    You'll probably be on quidcos ignore list soon like i am lol, which shows how childish they are and shows they know they are going to lose in court against me.
  • cheezio
    Options
    hi
    i recently used quidco for BT mobile, i have a bt broadband account so i got an extra £5 off the monthly bill (standard BT website offer) plus im tracking £50 cashback via quidco, i want to move my 12 year son to the same BT mobile offer, can i do this through my quidco account and receive the another £50 cashback? my sons BT mobile account will be added to my BT account and charged accordingly?
    will BT accept this as another mobile account although it will be added to my standard BT account (which is how BT mobile charge, they add the mobile bill onto my current BT bill) and accept the new £50 cashback?

i hope i havnt confused anyone with this question
    thanks
    Options
    cheezio wrote: »
    hi
    i recently used quidco for BT mobile, i have a bt broadband account so i got an extra £5 off the monthly bill (standard BT website offer) plus im tracking £50 cashback via quidco, i want to move my 12 year son to the same BT mobile offer, can i do this through my quidco account and receive the another £50 cashback? my sons BT mobile account will be added to my BT account and charged accordingly?
    will BT accept this as another mobile account although it will be added to my standard BT account (which is how BT mobile charge, they add the mobile bill onto my current BT bill) and accept the new £50 cashback?

i hope i havnt confused anyone with this question
    thanks

Hi @cheezio

Thank you for your post.

We are now in contact with BT Mobile in regards to your question and we'll inform you of an update as soon as we have received one. We'll be in touch shortly.

Kind Regards,

Jack
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • jamichi1
    jamichi1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It feels like talking to a stonewall. How did you deduct that I didn't complete the transaction in one sitting? You are doing the same thing like your colleagues. You don't pay attention to what people write to you and you make assumptions, without knowing the case that I'm talking about.
    I am really sorry but I do agree with many people here: you let scam merchants take traffic and custom, who then decline giving out the appropriate cashback. To make matters worse, you simply don't pay attention to what your members write, copy and paste your scenario responses and you are happy with yourselves. Well, you shouldn't be.
    Options
    jamichi1 wrote: »
    It feels like talking to a stonewall. How did you deduct that I didn't complete the transaction in one sitting? You are doing the same thing like your colleagues. You don't pay attention to what people write to you and you make assumptions, without knowing the case that I'm talking about.
    I am really sorry but I do agree with many people here: you let scam merchants take traffic and custom, who then decline giving out the appropriate cashback. To make matters worse, you simply don't pay attention to what your members write, copy and paste your scenario responses and you are happy with yourselves. Well, you shouldn't be.

Hi @jamichi1

Thanks for your post here and I'm very sorry to see you have not been satisfied with the service on this occasion.

Unfortunately I cannot discuss details of your account on a public forum nor do I have the capability of locating your account over a public forum. However I will be happy to address some of the points made here.

Your purchases are tracked by independent affiliate networks, to confirm, Quidco does not carry out any tracking of its own. This means that during your purchase the network has identified that your purchase was not completed wholly in one session. We advise to complete your purchase in one sitting within our help pages and failing to do so is listed within our 'Standard Cashback Exclusions'.

We continue to monitor all of our retailers on site as we want to provide the most rewarding and trusted shopping experience. Being reliant on the cashback to be passed to us by the retailers means we cannot guarantee that the cashback will be paid, we are also reliant on our members adhering to the terms and conditions of earning cashback, tips can be found here http://www.quidco.com/help/all/

We have absolutely nothing to gain from your cashback being declined and so we will always provide as much information as possible to make cashback work for you.

I express my sincere apologies that your cashback has been declined on this occasion and I hope you are not deterred from using Quidco in future as we value your membership with us.

Kind Regards,

Jack
  • jasonwatkins
    Options
    We continue to monitor all of our retailers on site as we want to provide the most rewarding and trusted shopping experience.

.. except when they're gambling sites then they can pretty much do whatever they like as we'll still deal with them anyway.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback