PIP stopped

Options
Is there any reason why PIP payments would just stop

Friends son has started this week doing some voluntary work at the Job Centre - his dad was logging on to his account to help him see if a payment had gone out for some clothes he had ordered online.

Anyway it seems he hasn't been getting his PIP for 3 months - he didn't know and it is only when his dad looked at his account he saw there were about 3 payments missing.

What would be the reason for this?

He has an award till 2020, he has Cerebral palsy
- his dad asked me why it would be stopped, no letter or anything very worrying.
2007 £1749
2008 £291.99
2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
total so far for 09 £92.99

Comments

• nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    it wouldn't stop justt like that, so the answer is probably an error somewhere either with the DWP payment system or with his bank.

he needs to phone
  • dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    nannytone wrote: »
    it wouldn't stop justt like that, so the answer is probably an error somewhere either with the DWP payment system or with his bank.

he needs to phone

I think his mum is allowed to call on his behalf so will be calling them later, all very odd, it is a claim that has been going on for over year so odd how they have messed it up all this time later
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    If it is just an admin mess up they'll correct it and pay what was missing quite quickly. My PIP mobility wasn't redirected from Motability for 3 months after I gave the car back and once it was pointed out they sorted it straight away
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure