Method of finding previous house insurer of deceased?

is there a way of finding out a deceased person's previous home insurance company? My late father switched insurers every 1-2 years to get a good deal. There is a possible subsidence issue with his house which his current insurer (since 2014) believes was an issue pre-2014 (work was also apparently done to try to repair the problem). The current insurer won't pay for the necessary work but have said his previous insurer (when the problem was identified and the work was carried out) may pay. We have no paperwork etc or any idea of who his previous insurer(s) were-bearing in mind he will have had several over the last 10 years or so. Is there any way we can find this out?

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Did he have a computer ?

Could the details be on the computer . All my policies car, house etc are in my folders on my computer, i have no hard copies of anything
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Bank statements?
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just how far back can they go?,. In any case when insurance is issued you have to declare the previous issues re subsidence surely?
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The executor of the deceaseds estate can submit a Data Protection Act Subject access request to the Claims Underwriting Exchange (CUE). This is a central database of Insurance claims. This claim might be registered on this database, if the Insurers use it.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure