Max out CC poor chance of getting a 0% balance transfer

I have 3 credit cards and max all of them 😬 I was trying to improve my credit score but now struggling to pay the minimum each month and live - any ideas how I could get a reasonable balance transfer or other ways to reduce the debt?

Comments

• Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Head over to the Debt boards for practical advice.

Why did you max out your cards to raise a fictional score? You need to cut the cards up, try and get one 0% card and start paying off the balances.
  • Cards are cut up - now paying them each month - I should have known really never been good at managing CC but wanted a good credit rating to help me possible get a mortgage - silly I know ��
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Cut your costs and get the cards cleared.

The way to build a good credit history is to put your normal spend on the card and clear in full each month. Never max it out and never follow your credit score.
  • Your motives were good... but it seems like in practice you gave into temptation. So be realistic - getting more credit might save you interest but will it tempt you to spend more?

If you are absolutely certain you won't spend more, then try the eligibility checker to see if you qualify for any 0% BT cards. If you haven't (?yet) missed any payments and have a clean record, it might be possible despite being maxxed out.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport