Claiming on old accounts

Options
2»

Comments

• Travelman
    Options
    Thanks Sun73 for your constructive post. I will write back with a copy of the only Credit Card stateement I still possess and see what happens.

The annoying this is that I am usually a stickley for keeping old paperwork [I still have to correspondence for buying my first house 45 years ago!] but regrettably in a pique of madness I shredded all my Midland Bank CC statements. Rgds.
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Travelman wrote: »
    Thanks Sun73 for your constructive post. I will write back with a copy of the only Credit Card stateement I still possess and see what happens.

The annoying this is that I am usually a stickley for keeping old paperwork [I still have to correspondence for buying my first house 45 years ago!] but regrettably in a pique of madness I shredded all my Midland Bank CC statements. Rgds.

Yes, regrettably, me too, with paperwork for other lenders, but its doubly annoying when the banks might actually still hold customer transactions in microfiche which they would rather not search unless forced to do so.
  • bettyboo71
    Options
    Is there a limit on how far back you can go with the PPI claim? My husband had a loan with Lloyds in 1998, we have the reference number but no other paperwork (it was actually mentioned in a mortgage application around that time). Thanks.

I succeeded with a Lloyds loan claim from 2005, and all I had was the original loan number.
    I also succeeded with a claim with MBNA for a credit card taken out in 1998, and didn't even have the card number.
    I used Resolver for both - their form is fairly short and simple, and I'd say it is definitely worth the few minutes it takes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure