Free Comic Book Day

Options
2»

Comments

• Petlamb
    Petlamb Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I took advantage of this today - by pure luck! I'd completely forgotten about it until I went to my local geek shop (affectionate nickname) to buy a new deck box for my latest deck of Magic (the gathering) cards... and it was packed. THEN I remembered!

And came away with a stack of all different free edition comics! WIN!
    On the up :D
    Our wedding day! 13/06/15
  • indelacio
    indelacio Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    Options
    oh crap I was in town earlier and completely forgot.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks to andywedge on hukd

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992

Free Comic Book Day is a single day - the first Saturday in May each year - when participating comic book shops across North America and around the world give away comic books absolutely FREE to anyone who comes into their stores.

"There's an incredible depth to this year's Silver Sponsor offerings," said FCBD spokesperson, Leslie Jackson. "The publishers have created a real opportunity for comic book fans—and those new to comic books—to come in and sample a wide variety of genres and stories with the titles they're publishing."

There's loads this year; more than I have ever seen. A full list of participating stores will be available shortly, but it usually is pretty much every comic book shop throughout the UK that participates
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • auntieyorkie
    Options
    Thanks sarah1972. Look forward to this one :A:)
  • glamrochick
    glamrochick Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    Options
    would shops like forbidden planet participate so id get a free manga?

JULY WINS- LABEL M PRODUCTS

• auntieyorkie
    Options
    If my memory serves me correct, I'm pretty sure Forbidden Planet did this last year. :)
  • jiggyquincy
    jiggyquincy Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Wee reminder of this. Happens this Saturday. :T
    Some good comic getting given out, you can also download a few preview of the comics available on the day here.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/981
    Free stuff is GOOD stuff :p
  • sarah1972
    Options
    This years its May 4th

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992

What is Free Comic Book Day?

Free Comic Book Day is a single day - the first Saturday in May each year - when participating comic book shops across North America and around the world give away comic books absolutely FREE* to anyone who comes into their stores. *Check with your local comic book shop for their participation and rules
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972
    Options
  • Ellie-Alice
    Options
    I wish I could have done this, I am a massive comic fan! Thanks for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure