need a battery box for Sterling little star mobility scooter

Options
easy
easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 27 August 2015 at 12:32PM in Disability money matters
Hi all
some time ago my sister lost the battery box (and front basket- which doesn't matter) to her scooter. BIL took it them of car boot to load some shopping, and forgot to put them back in before driving away.

While it's easy to get new batteries, getting the battery box is more difficult, and they need that to connect the battery up to the scooter.

Scooter is an older 3 wheeler, but uses the same battery box as a Sterling little star. I don't suppose anyone here has a dead scooter with the box available?
More likely, can anyone recommend a good spares supplier?
Ta

Edit to add. having just dug about, this is the spare battery pack http://www.discountscooters.co.uk/10ah-battery-pack-pihsiang I didn't expect it to be that expensive, so again, if anyone has one languishing about on a dead scooter, i'd be happy to pay areasonable price to get hold of it. dead batteries aren't a problem, it's just the box we need. Cheers
I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)

Comments

• jamiesnan
    Options
    Try ebay or amazon, they are usually the cheapest for most things compared to suppliers. I need new batteries for my scooter as they only charge for a min and the supplier wants £113 for batteries, just checked ebay and can get them for £80 there and are easy to fit. Best of luck.
    Sue
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport