PPI with HP from HFC(HSBC)

Options
just spoke with HSBC and the ombudsman and they said that without any account details the bank will have trouble finding any info about my hire purchase agreement in 1992.

My name address and phone number and guarantor at the time have not changed.

i am pretty sure that i don't have any paperwork such as account numbers, so am i stuffed?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i am pretty sure that i don't have any paperwork such as account numbers, so am i stuffed?

If neither you or the seller has any details, then its game over.

Also, HSBC may not have any liability. A lot of HFC stuff was arranged via brokers (especially car finance). So, the broker would have the liability. Not the lender. (noting that this is 13 years prior to regulation of brokers).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    loonyj wrote: »
    My name address and phone number and guarantor at the time have not changed.
    If your loan had a guarantor, that's a pretty compelling reason for having PPI I'm afraid.

Even if the Bank were to find and consider your loan from a quarter century ago I would expect your complaint to fail unless the PPI was totally unsuitable.

What complaint reason(s) do you have?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport