fraudulent listings

Options
i have an alert set up for keter shed stores & because of this for at least a couple of months now I have seen that someone keeps on repeatedly listing keter sheds under many different hijacked accounts e.g.

currently you have :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/nidhi_rumit_thakur/m.html?item=322464804124&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
and
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172596183924

the above may be removed before you get chance to view them as ebay seem to be removing then pretty quickly now

When this first started I got caught out & bought one but got my money back after a bit of hassle - the actual real account holder confirmed his account had been hijacked

Just wondering is this the 'dark web' at work i.e. someone has bought the login details of loads of ebay accounts to create the fraudulent listings and also figured out a way to withdraw the money from paypal without it being frozen first - guessing maybe he is using hijacked paypal accounts as well as new paypal accounts always have money frozen - i also assume hes found a way to disguise his identity even though he/she has to get access to the paypal money somehow

If so then he/she is costing ebay tens of thousands in lost revenue as i assume they have to pay for all the refunds

when I phoned ebay about getting my own refund the person I spoke too didnt seem to care at all & even accused me of over-reacting when I used the word 'scammer' saying people who call use that word all the time & effctively saying I could be wrong & it might be a legit sale (despite the real account holder saying his account had been hacked)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure