IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Horzion Parking - Last day

Options
Hi guys,

First of all, im unsure on how much information i should give over on this thread after reading others, but here we go.
I received a ticket from Horizon which i wasn't too fond of paying, anyway 2 months have gone by now and I received my second letter from Debt recovery Plus saying if I don't pay by the 19th (Today) they will pass it onto their partners with recommendation they take court action.

I don't want to pay nor do I have the intentions of paying, I have checked bmpa against horizon and they don't have a lot of court cases.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I understand I havnt handled this as good as I should of but I cant be bothered messing around with these cowboy parking fines.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sheepzilla wrote: »
    Hi guys,

First of all, im unsure on how much information i should give over on this thread after reading others, but here we go.
    I received a ticket from Horizon which i wasn't too fond of paying, anyway 2 months have gone by now and I received my second letter from Debt recovery Plus saying if I don't pay by the 19th (Today) they will pass it onto their partners with recommendation they take court action.

I don't want to pay nor do I have the intentions of paying, I have checked bmpa against horizon and they don't have a lot of court cases.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I understand I havnt handled this as good as I should of but I cant be bothered messing around with these cowboy parking fines.

Thanks in advance

IGNORE DRP and their rubbish.

Let them pass it back, all it means DRP do not earn any money

IGNORE DRP - IGNORE DRP
  • Sheepzilla
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.

I am going to ignore it, what am i expecting next? i'm sure they will pass onto a solicitors who will hand me a court date?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.

I am going to ignore it, what am i expecting next? i'm sure they will pass onto a solicitors who will hand me a court date?

All depends if Horizon think they have a good case.

They will be watching this forum and seeing just how many
    claims are failing. It's wait and see now

Of course they may use Gladstones who you can see on here
    are completely incompetent solicitors

If it get that far, come back here
  • Sheepzilla
    Options
    Thanks.

One last question, the driver of the car parked in a disbaled badge whilst picking up a disbaled person for 15 minutes but had no badge.

because they are in the wrong is it worth leaving or don't stand a chance in court?
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks.

One last question, the driver of the car parked in a disbaled badge whilst picking up a disbaled person for 15 minutes but had no badge.

because they are in the wrong is it worth leaving or don't stand a chance in court?

The badge is not applicable to private parking companies silly rules, (it says this in the blue badge HB) the fact you were picking up someone who is disabled is.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Solicitors don't 'hand out' a court date. The procedures are shown in any Gladstones thread and we win defended cases.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure