IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - County Court Claim Defence and Process

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    all have a page with 6 pictures (would you like more info on pictures? If so, like what?)
    Nah! UKPC always show about six photos; several of the car - front, dashboard, VRN close up and one with a sign in the far distance (unreadable). And one closer picture of the sign = nice and unreadable small print confirmed!

Did they not include any evidence of their electronic request to the DVLA each time and/or the reply from the DVLA, giving your keeper details each time, once for each PCN?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • IndigoMondayToyota
    Options
    Correct! These were the ones they upload online when you want to pay (had to help my dad out previously to appeal a ticket).

They have a little bit from column A, a little bit from column B. Some don't even show the sign!

No, they did not include that in my SAR.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I would have at least have expected to see their records from their system showing some dates in a column and 'PCN issued' and something like 'DVLA look up = success' (or similar).

I would email them and thank them for the SAR but ask why they've seemingly overlooked or withheld the proof of how they obtained your data. Tell them you could see no evidence that they applied to the DVLA and surely the origin of the data held needs to be supplied, as well as what the 'reasonable cause' was described as to the DVLA, in order to obtain your record as keeper.

appealmoreinfo@ukparkingcontrol.com

(it's an appeal email addy but they do respond IMHO).
  • IndigoMondayToyota
    Options
    Thanks CM. I'll be sure to email them first thing in the morning (should I use disposable email addy?)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes, probably a good idea.
  • IndigoMondayToyota
    Options
    Heyo. Another update from our esteemed colleagues at UKPC.

I sent them the email, to which they responded with:

"Dear Mr. IMT,

Thank you for your recent email. UKPC has not overlooked any information; all that we hold on your vehicle was included in your SAR which was posted to you on XXXX date. UKPC is authorised to request the registered keeper's details from the DVLA. These requests are made through NTO and Fin Notice letters, all of which were sent to you.

UKPC only applies for driver details when we need to write to the RK of a vehicle and no address had been given to us by the driver/RK. As you did no appeal to any of your charges, we had reasonable cause to apply the registered keeper's details for vehicle reg XXXXX in order to send you notices regarding your charges.

As such, we have provided all the information you have requested and are entitled to under the SAR you sent to us."

What's the next step with UKPC?

I will also be chasing my housing association for any update they have tomorrow. They said they will log the incident with UKPC, and take it on from there. I asked them to cancel the claim they are pursuing me for, otherwise provide me with dates for availability for court dates.
  • IndigoMondayToyota
    Options
    Another update.

Letter received from SCS Law saying that they've received the notice that a defence has been filed.

They confirmed that the Claimant will be proceeding with the claim, and they look forward to receiving the relevant orders from the court advising as to when the DQ need to be filed.

Do I just wait for the DQ to be sent to me now? Haven't got around to chasing HA about the 'incident' logged. I'll be checking with them on Monday.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Do I just wait for the DQ to be sent to me now?
    Yes.

Bargepole's post which I've linked as the second link under the heading 'Small Claim?' in the NEWBIES sticky thread, will be worth you reading or re-reading for what to do when/which boxes to tick.
  • IndigoMondayToyota
    Options
    Hi everyone,

So I've filled out the DQ with the info below:

Do you wish to use the Small Claims Mediation Service:
    - No

Contact Details:
    - Completed

Small Claims Track appropriate:
    - Yes

Hearing Venue:
    - Address given of closest County Court near my home address

Expert Evidence:
    - No

Witnesses
    - No (even though I've approached my HA for dates of availability - still no response - no longer relevant?)

Hearing days where not available:
    - N/A

Form will be photocopied and original sent to CCBC address (Northampton), alongside the copy to UKPC as Claimants.

Reading through the Newbies thread, I think I've completed it accordingly. Just wanted to get another view to see if everything's been completed as it should.

Thanks again as always!
  • IndigoMondayToyota
    Options
    Also to note:

UKPC have filled out their DQ as following:

Do you wish to use the Small Claims Mediation Service:
    - Yes

Contact Details:
    - SCS Law's Legal Representative for UKPC

Small Claims Track appropriate:
    - Yes

Hearing Venue:
    - No preference

Expert Evidence:
    - No

Witnesses
    - 1 (I'm guessing their Witness is UKPC...?)

Hearing days where not available:
    - N/A

Anything above which I should be wary of?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure