First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Number 2 NSD at last
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    eeek, not a NSD for me - popped into town (rather than trekking to Sada) to get some baking ingredients for tomorrow evening. Also seemed to come home with some salad (JS basics rather than one in Tacto for £1.50 :eek:) some cereal bars, and a pack of chilled pancakes cos I'm sick of trying to make my own and making a hash of them - so I thought 'sod it' this year, I'll get 6 for a squid and save my sanity - plus it means I'll get to eat them before 9pm which is usually what happens in prev years when I cave and just put lemon and sugar on the blob of pancake I've managed to make. However, all came to about £15 in total so back on the wagon tomorrow.

Looking for a new handbag atm - mine currently held together with string, but I find it so hard to spend money on something like that - even though it's something I use every day. Have seen one reduced in the Dune sale...but OOS atm - typical!
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a bit of a shock when the cc bill arrived yesterday, I've well and truly let things slip :eek: but I'm determined to pay it in full as I've promised myself to do.

Hence I'm joining this challenge part way through the month. Soooo here goes - I want to do 10 before March :p

Milann
    January spends - £587.58
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Rising –No need to slink in, you are wecome whenever you want to be here. :)Nothing wrong with NSD #2 either, it’s better than none at all

Awww thank you
    BigMummaF wrote: »

Don't fret Rising, or you'll be poorly again :( Maybe ease up on the nsds for a few weeks until you're back into work mode, cuz you have been thru the mill somewhat..just my tuppence-worth x

mmmm that's good advice (as usual!) BigMamma ... thankfully they're not big spends, just LOTS of little ones :o - mostly the odd thing that I need to get here & there which I've not been able to do until now (and not worth paying p&p for while stuck in the house).

I managed No 3 today :j but realistically not going to get anywhere near my target this month :o

Think I might bow out for the rest of the month & try to rebuild stocks of things ;) and get back into a routine again .... will be back for March!:)

Keep up the good work everyone :T
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No 8 today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well, so far. Well done!

I am claiming today as NSD number 7 :j
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    I'm at #6 today and 3 in a row.:)

I've had a few unexpected bills this month so really need to watch the pennies.

beanie it's my Mum's birthday too next week.You could have her over for a nice meal.Tbh I would say that money's a bit tight just now and you don't really have ideas for a present.She might fancy having a day out somewhere with you when the weather's nicer.It's not easy sometimes,I know.I'm sure your Mum would understand and she wouldn't want you spending money that you don't have on a present.I hope you find a solution that you're happy with.
  • couldsavemore_2
    Options
    snowing again here:snow_laug

fri and sat were spend days, grocery, petrol, dd birthday treat
    but today was a NSD. so that makes it day 6/20
    hope to have a run of NSD until friday but will see what happens
    You can if you think you can .
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Snaffled #8 today :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Spendy day today at Mr T - had £13 in vouchers so that eased the pain a bit.....next NSD lurking around somewhere mid-week, and a few of its mates following on close behind if things go well.....on a bit of a treadmiil at present, juggling finances, hectic at work, bills coming up like car tax etc, plus I have a crown which is starting to loosen so am having to be ultra careful when eating and brushing as I don't want to end up being a toothless wonder just yet....if my dentist can't fix it again (fell out a few months ago) will have to look into extremely spendiferous bridge work, which I can't afford at present...every booger wants a slice of my pay at present, and I am getting fed up with it. I am also on edge because my Dad has heard at last he has an operation scheduled for next month (don't know date yet) so I am pleased and anxious for him at the same time. The miserable wevver doesn't help, I am a child of the Spring, and only tend to perk up as Spring approaches.

On the bright side though....me and OH are in an IVA and it's annual review time again, so should be able to rejig finances to ease the burden a bit. And we only have 17 months left so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyway, enough of my miserable rantings .....I am alive and well. I have family, friends and workmates. I have a roof over my head and good food to eat. And I have four luuvverly NSDs - and no booger is gonna take them away from me!
    One life - your life - live it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport