PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    neighbour's side and bottom fence all done not got enough to do park side and all trellis needs taking down for that so I'll can't it a day re fence painting andgo give my hands a scrub before starting to move guitars and other detritus off top bed.
    Glad you've got Dh in for checks Iona hope it's something that can be sorted quickly and simply.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all.

Jazee - Thank you for representing the flyladies. I haven't been on the thread for a few days, but was thinking of CY and her family and friends yesterday.

Sorry I haven't caught up with the thread properly. Hopefully I'll get a chance to tomorrow. I've not really flown this week except cleaning the bathroom on Monday, I have no idea where the time has gone.

I've already done dailies upstairs, and the WM has just finished the first wash of the day. I'm stuck in waiting for a sack of dog food to be delivered so I'm going to get stuck in. ;)

Magical Monday - Bathroom :)

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing

Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Extra tasks list:
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!
    Wishful Wednesday ~ those frightening kids rooms
    Level One...

Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
    Level Two...
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three..
    Strip beds and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!!
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extra task list
    • Pull out the beds, furniture and clean all behind them.. the skirtings and light fittings and everything.. get rid of all the things that are no longer required!
    Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen
    Level One...

Clean floors
    Level Two...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
    Level Three...
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!! Tumble dryer filters need to be done too!!
    Extra Mission...
    • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Get in that food cupboard. Give it all a GOOD scrub out before placing the things you need to use soon at the front. Check dates and freshness on older things, and See if you can incorporate these into next weeks meal plan! Feel free to get carried away and do more cupboards!!!
    Friday ~ Luscious Living Room, Handsome Hall Stupendous Stairs
    Level One...

Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level Two...
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Level Three...
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Put up linings or winter curtains to keep out those draughts.
    Extra Mission...
    • Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    • Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    • Clean a window or two.
    • 30 minutes ironing
    • Clean light fittings, skirtings even the ones behind furniture. Clean fire-surrounds. Wipe sofa's down. Clear as may hotspots as you can.. see if you can get it all into one pile instead of 15!!!
    Just going to finish my coffee then I'm going to get stuck into the livingroom. DD can do the bedrooms when she gets in as they're tidy and she needs to earn her pocketmoney. ;) Back soon. :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning!

Still just maintaining here - done another wash for some bits we'll need at the weekend, and breakfast things washed and tidied away.

DS bag packed as he's going for a sleepover with gramps tonight so they can get an early train for a boys day out tomorrow. Started putting DDs and my things for an overnighter together too.

I'm popping out now to meet some WAY buddies for coffee and a natter, going to buy a new brolly en route...

Won't be around this weekend but hope all of yours are enjoyable xx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'll see if I can get OH to upload the film of Kelpie having his first hydrotherapy session (terrified) and then if he'll come with us next week, take another of him wagging his tail. The vet nurse who runs it is absolutely excellent and it's all down to her.

Thanks, Jazee, for letting us know about CY's send off. It sounds lovely, the perfect celebration of a life well lived, highly individual and just right.

Meal planning. It took me years and years to find a system that works for us, but finally this year I've cracked it. I bought OH a Simon's Cat calendar for Christmas last year and while he liked it, he didn't actually have a use for it, so I co-opted it ;). (Exactly the same procedure will be happening again this year, too, because I've already acquired the 2017 one. Tee hee.) It only has one line per day and I love, love, love the little cartoons dotted all over the monthly pages, so getting it down off it's hook and working on it is an absolute pleasure. The first thing I do every month is fill in all the meals we both enjoy for the days we have them every week (fish and chip Friday, pizza Saturday, a sort of Sunday roast, leftovers on Monday) which leaves only three days a week for me to worry about. By the time I've allocated risotto, curry (currently apple and parsnip curry is going down a treat), onion flan, spag bol, fish soup, and all the other meals we both enjoy there are usually only two or three days over the month when repetition would be too dull for words and that's when I go freezer diving for the whoopsied bargains we've both shoved in there. After two months of doing it inspiration was found by flicking back and seeing what we'd had a few weeks ago and meal planning finally all fell into place. Tuesday morning I generally offer him the choice of what he'd like from the options that week of the three meals that are changeable and it doesn't matter to me which one he decides would suit him best - they'll all get eaten. Re-inventing the wheel isn't my way of having fun - the more I can crib what we've already figured out works for us, the better and easier life is. But it took me four years of trying to figure all of that out.

The ground floor needs a de-Kelpie fluff. He may be only half Spitz but by goodness his coat isn't. The kitchen floor could do with de-minging but other than that the house is looking pretty straight thanks to everyone on this thread, past and present. I might dust.
    Better is good enough.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Thank you so much for being our representative Jazee xx

Still not feeling great today but painting a smile on my face and getting cracked on. I shall be glad when we are curled up on the sofa today with a well deserved glass of wine

Big hugs all round xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Well, after a bleak day on Wednesday, DH finally bit the bullet and made himself an appointment with the GP yesterday morning. He is now not supposed to drive until more investigations have been done.
    Fingers crossed they can get to the bottom of it, and that it's nothing serious.

Mr LW has also got a GP appointment, as he's had a horrible persistent cough for at least a month, and it's worrying me to death.:( The first appointment he could get, with ANY GP at the practise, was 7th November, which is pretty poor, really. Bless him, he couldn't get his head round the online booking system, so Muggins here ended up doing it for him (and he used to be an IT professional....)

Flying will be minimal for the next fortnight, I have more important things to do - Big Jack Spaniel is here!!!!! :T:T:T:T
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 October 2016 at 6:16PM
    Options
    Parents visited

Ground floor vacuumed

Family fed

Don't know what I do all day.

Asthma is playing up.

Jazzee Thank you for representing us X
    HB Glad Kelpie's swimming is going well. X
    LW hope Mr LW cough improves soon. X
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I know what you mean dancemum I've achieved zilch this week and I only went to college one day.

Still not packed, either. I've washed up after dinner though. DS has gone so it's just me and DD so I made her favourite :)

She's brought home the class "pet" too, lol, a toy cat called Petal. We have to fill in her diary.

Will get her ready for bed in a bit, then finish packing and see if I've time for any homework...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    She's brought home the class "pet" too, lol, a toy cat called Petal. We have to fill in her diary.

*sigh* We have Barnaby Bear this weekend. I thought they'd learnt their lesson when Listening Chimp required extensive facial reconstruction after a visit with our dogs...:eek:
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    I dropped him off at the horse piddle this morning for his
    Not gunna lie...it took me a good couple of minutes to work out what horse piddle was!
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    *sigh* We have Barnaby Bear this weekend. I thought they'd learnt their lesson when Listening Chimp required extensive facial reconstruction after a visit with our dogs...:eek:
    :rotfl:

No flying today, paid stuff then chilling with BF. Off to stay with BF's sister tomorrow, ready for the Great West Run on Sunday.
    Have a good weekend all.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income