Changing CTF advice needed

Options
I received our annual update from my son's child trust fund, which is done through Forester Life.

I saw that the savings plan was Aberdeen UK Tracker so I googled to see what it was. I ended up seeing a lot of information about the fact that we are being charged a management fee of 1.5% p/a that is three times the rate we could get elsewhere.

I also saw that the child trust fund is no longer in operation and that junior ISAs are the thing these days. The reason we didn't know all this is that we just set it up, created a standing order and have left it ever since. So, it's now time for us to review the situation.

Please does anyone have any advice on the following issues. For each of these issues our main concern is security with a a bit of growth. Basically, we don't want to get five years into the future and the thing we have chosen goes belly-up and we lose all the kids' money.

- Should we move to an ISA?
- Should we do this through our existing company, Forrester Life?
- Are some providers riskier than others, as companies, not the actual plan?
- Will choosing a company with a 0.5% management fee necessarily be riskier than choosing a company with a 1.5% management fee?
- Are all ISAs the same?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills