Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• chocaholics
    chocaholics Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's good it should help get you through the worst few days a little better.

Thank you :D

So on your insurance what value does an individual item need listing at? Mine is £1000 but all policies are different. Is the ring identical to your daughter's?
    It does sound like they are trying to get away without paying you fully whatvyou are owed but unfortunately in my experiences that's exactly what they are like. Keep fighting them but I wouldn't accept the vouchers.

Curlgirl, our valuations start at £85 but once you start getting a diamond over 1ct or can item over 5k it rapidly goes up. But that is for a full report, photos etc. Most jewellers will give you a verbal valuation.

My advice would be to take individual photos of each item and then you won't find yourself in chocoholics position of having no evidence.

Thanks di, thats very good advice. Will try to refuse the vouchers and also get onto the ombudsman if I have to but they seem to be unmoveable at the moment. My insurance only requires anything above £1500 to have a valuation. The second 3 stone ring had stones the same size as my daughters ring, although hers has 5 stones in it so it was just a rough description. Just looking at my valuation certificate for The solitaire I think I was royally overcharged. The only informati on it is 18 carat gold ring and .75 carat diamond - just the bare bones so I think they got their money under false pretences.
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl:silly Billy, take your teeth out and suck :p

How rude :eek:

I'm not even "gappy" :rotfl:
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Thanks di, thats very good advice. Will try to refuse the vouchers and also get onto the ombudsman if I have to but they seem to be unmoveable at the moment. My insurance only requires anything above £1500 to have a valuation. The second 3 stone ring had stones the same size as my daughters ring, although hers has 5 stones in it so it was just a rough description. Just looking at my valuation certificate for The solitaire I think I was royally overcharged. The only informati on it is 18 carat gold ring and .75 carat diamond - just the bare bones so I think they got their money under false pretences.
    Stick to your guns at the end of the day they are in it for the money.
    Go back to them with a firm NO :mad:
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

I've been rather poorly recently, but my bloods show I'm good to go for my 3rd round tomorrow.

diluvsdiscounts - thank you so much again for your advice about Ondansetron. I spoke to my Oncologist and asked him for more for the next round. Without hesitation he agreed to give me the full 5 days worth rather than just the 2 days :j

Hugs and positive thoughts to all those that are going through rough times :A

And thank you TM :A

Good your blood levels are now up :)
    hope you will be able to see some of Cheltenham
    Chin up and big hugs to yourself :)
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Sharpies are all good for another day.

1x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each)£5.00£1.00
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • HILLBERN
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Morning all.
    Just been checking my bank, and Adsa have not taken the money out of my bank for a C&C I did a week ago (7th). Do they normally take this long? TIA

That happened with a c+c we had about 3 weeks ago, but yes eventually A took the money...but only 2 days ago !!!
  • HILLBERN
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    Sharpies are all good for another day.

1x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each)£5.00£1.00

I just wanted to say thanks for testing nearly every morning for the benefit of us all..you must have quite a stash now!!
    My store hasn't got them in otherwise I would get DH to buy on the way to work as he goes right passed our local.
    The only results I got was from a HD which I posted the other day..but unfortunately it was just after midday.
    :T
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening all, I wonder if anybody know anything about insurance claims. I have lost my darling Mums 2 diamond rings. One has a valuation but not the other. Unfortunately I only declared the one with the valuation as having a value of £1500 even though I know it was valued 30 years ago at £2000' but I thought I had lost it (the certificate) but subsequently found it after I had put in a claim. The other one has no valuation only the decription which I have given to the insurers.
    They are telling me because I only declared the one valuation at £1500 that is all they will pay, even though the jewellery company in association with the insurers have put a value of £3200 on it from the photos I have of it, and of course the valuation certificate and £950 for the other.
    I dont have any photos of the other. The insurers are only giving me vouchers to be used in only 2 named shops totalling £2200 net after deducting £100 excess for each ring. Now, when I have looked online at these 2 shops websites I can see that that wont even be enough to buy the lesser value ring that I have lost, their value of £950 having been put on it, and the equivalent similar ring on these websites is £2400, the other one about £4000.I feel so sad that Ive lost my darling Mums rings, but I am also really angry that I have not been awarded at least the value of 1 decent ring. The complaints department is due to ring me, but I am wondering if anyone can suggest where else I could go. It is supposed to be replacement value but that is a joke.
    Sorry for long tale of woe, I know other people have real problems at the moment, but thinking about my mum makes me cry.
    chocciex

There's an ombudsman ruling that you don't have to accept vouchers for family heirlooms and that they can't reduce the value of the payout by the discount the insurers would get from the voucher issuing shops. I'll try and find it.
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Just finished watching The Replacement. I enjoyed the first 2 but then it's as if they have to race to the finish fir the final part and it all becomes sloppy:o

Think I'll have a cuppa....anyone want to share a tea bag:rotfl:

So disappointed with the ending. Then I searched twitter and found an explanation in the Radio Times where they interviewed the writer on some of the gaps to get to the ending.

I'll try and find that too.

Back soon!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • HILLBERN
    Options
    yellowbird wrote: »
    sorry works instore and online order. never done photo before im amazed that i managed it.

Thank you for your find :T these have helped me and countless others :)

we all have nice smooth legs and silky legs:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:T
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,968 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure