House valuation-potential equity release

Options
Hi we are about to enter into our 5th year of my husbands iva and we will have to arrange to get our house valued in preparation of any equity release.

Can I just walk into any estate agents and ask them to value it even though we have no intention of actually moving, or would we have to tell a little white lie and pretend we are?

Thanks

Ros

Comments

• Giggles_Fairy
    Options
    My understanding is that estate agents may charge you if you say you want the valuation for a means other than selling your house (maybe £50 I was told, although this would vary). However if you say you are considering selling they will do for free.

It is up to you whether you want to pay or tell a white lie :)
  • debtfree2016
    Options
    Hello Sillysausage1977, I did when entering an IVA but I just went in asked if they could value the property for me as I needed to with Mortgage Lenders. I was not asked to my any admin fee but would have offered if needed. Secondly when you have the valuation done ensure you ask them to value based on a 'Forced Sale' not the current market value. Best of luck
    Never make assumptions always ask questions>>>>>;)
  • sillysausage1977
    Options
    Hello Sillysausage1977, I did when entering an IVA but I just went in asked if they could value the property for me as I needed to with Mortgage Lenders. I was not asked to my any admin fee but would have offered if needed. Secondly when you have the valuation done ensure you ask them to value based on a 'Forced Sale' not the current market value. Best of luck

Thanks for that bit of advice :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport