IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Firm using old machines - they don't take 10p or 5p coins

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    It doesn't. I didn't realise we were not allowed to discuss other aspects of peoples posts. Feel free to report my posts if I have broken any rules!

But you've repeated the same point in 5 separate posts. What are you hoping to achieve?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 April 2017 at 2:39PM
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    But you've repeated the same point in 5 separate posts. What are you hoping to achieve?
    And you've challenged me twice now - what are you hoping to achieve?

I feel sorry for people that are collared by the parking cowboys most of the time but I feel the OP only has themselves to blame for this incident. Last time I checked I'm entitled to my opinion.

Point me to the rules that state we can only post in this sub-forum to help and not have an opinion and I will happily butt out.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I feel the OP only has themselves to blame for this incident.
    Well, you've made your point, so perhaps time to butt out so that those who come here every day to help thousands of motorists fight this scourge can get on with doing just that.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, you've made your point, so perhaps time to butt out so that those who come here every day to help thousands of motorists fight this scourge can get on with doing just that.
    So no rules against posting my opinion then? Consider my butt not out simply on your say so.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    So no rules against posting my opinion then? Consider my butt not out simply on your say so.

I never quoted any 'rules', so carry on fella. I'm sure we're all captivated by your input!

• lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I never quoted any 'rules', so carry on fella. I'm sure we're all captivated by your input!
    You do realise how hypocritical you are being don't you? Instead of following your own advice and helping the OP, which you have not yet done, you are choosing to engage with me in idle tit-for-tat. At least I've admitted I'm not trying to help and was just here to point out the OP was at fault in the first place. Fella!!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Is anyone else finding Lovinit's logic difficult to follow?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding Lovinit's logic difficult to follow?
    I'm not - makes perfect sense to me :D

To be fair, I did say it was my opinion, not that it had to make any sense ;)
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bickering amongst ourselves does not help the OP.

Advice on how to appeal does, as does steering the OP away from an irrelvant point. This advice has already been given.

I can see both sides of the coin ;) but fixating on something irrelevant does not help with what has already happened, but might help the OP in the future.

My opion is that the OP should not have parked but should have moved on, once they found they couldn't pay for parking, no matter what the reason. This is not what happened so advice not to do something that has in fact already happened is no help now.

Other opinions are avilable.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    philmac750 wrote: »
    just wondering what the situation is where on private land, the company has installed machines, that do not take legal tender of 5p and 10p coins, even though their signs state they do. Every 10p coin just drops straight through.

After a discussion with their meter chap last night, he states the machine is working correctly, I say I cannot buy a ticket with legal tender and the machine is faulty.

I drove off and parked somewhere else, but last week I got an on screen PCN, same machine, same issue. It wouldn't take the coins, so I left a not on dash + the coins I had tried to use. From reading threads here, ignore the PCN (exel parking operate these machines I think) or appeal with their online "login" system ? Are they not legally required to upgrade these machines to take the 10p and 5p that have been in use for years ? and what about the new £1. There are several people (pensioners, dog walkers etc..) that have been caught by this situation.

I even demonstrated the 10p's dropping out of the machine to the meter chap. he said he'd didn't know the legal aspects of his job, just that he had to check and put PCN's where people didn;t have a ticket. I said, I can't buy a ticket and round we went to the beginning again
    You should have recorded/filmed that conversation. Engineer a similar conversation with him and record it on your phone. And film the coins dropping through, one by one, proving whatever coins you try it doesn't work.

While you are there, take pics of the signs as well.

You will need the above evidence for your court defence because Excel will proceed using BW Legal. We do always win v BW Legal so far but evidence is key.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure