The £1,000 emergency fund challenge.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    CBC, have you read 'A street cat named Bob' ?. My nephew's fianc! lent my mum a copy and even though I am not much of a reader, I am engrossed by it.

Animals can be worrying at times.

I'm an avid reader, never happy unless I've got a book on the go. I haven't read that one although I saw Bob and his owner being interviewed on Breakfast TV a while back, Well, the owner was doing all the talking but Bob was sitting there looking as if he was taking it all in:rotfl:. What a lovely story! They've made a film of the book too but I haven't seen it.

I hope your enjoyment of this book has got you into the reading habit, patman:beer:. It's the best hobby ever, you don't know what you're missing.
  • foxyloxy11
    Options
    transferred some more so now up to £740....Feeling good
    Keep going everyone!!
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Got a nice surprise in yesterday's post. I have a nice Tax rebate to come.

That should pay for my car to be serviced.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• thoragunnr
    Options
    I have £7.00 In my emergency funds. I have set up a standing order to put £7 In this account each week. It officially happens next Thursday but I did manually transfer £7 into the account.

Its hard for me to put a lump sum into my account due to different wages each month so I thought I wouldn't miss £1 each day . I will put more in as and when I have spare money or when I can.

I'm focusing more on putting away for a help to buy account - my boyfriend has a lot of money if I need to use it for house emergency so I'm not too concerned .
    •• #238 £1000 ef; £14.00/£1,000 •• H2B; £120.00 •• BLS:£10.88/£15,000 ••
    •• Retirement: £4.86 •• New Home FundJar: £5.83p •• VOSS Jar £0.00 ••
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    Got a nice surprise in yesterday's post. I have a nice Tax rebate to come.

That should pay for my car to be serviced.

Always nice to receive something from the Taxman;):T

I hope you'll have enough to use a little of it for a small treat for you and Mrs P :beer:
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Think I will be spending some on wood to make a false wall to go behind the new loo I fitted today. The new loo is a standard closed coupled unit, whilst the old one was an off-set closed coupled one. I had to place a couple of Packers behind the cistern to make up the 90mm gap.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• Lynz90
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Can I join this challenge? I'm doing the 52week Money challenge where you increase your savings by £1 increments each week for one year and save £1378 as a way of building an emergency fund. And I currently have £3.00 in my savings account to start me off.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lynz90 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Can I join this challenge? I'm doing the 52week Money challenge where you increase your savings by £1 increments each week for one year and save £1378 as a way of building an emergency fund. And I currently have £3.00 in my savings account to start me off.
    The 52 week money challenge is a great way of building savings. I did this in previous years. It helped me get debt free and I now have over £4000 in savings. For years I had nothing. The idea of an emergency fund was very far fetched. Yet now I know it is achievable.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • Lynz90
    Options
    That's amazing!
    I'm also getting the kids to do the 365day penny challenge.
    So hopefully my £1378 with £668 x2 we will have £2714 come this time next year!
    May have thrown myself in at the deep end though! Haha
  • foxyloxy11
    Options
    just had to use £450 of my emergency savings to pop a new clutch in our car before it got too poorly....so time to make a new plan to get the savings back up again.
    it feels good to have an emergency fund :):):)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback