IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Petrol Station Parking Ticket

Options
mortabre
mortabre Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 15 July 2017 at 6:58PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
have asked the judge to 'hear the case on papers only' which I have rejected, which I guess means they have no intention of showing up.

In case they do, my defence is simply that:
1. I was a customer using the toilet, - receipt as evidence.
2. They are lying about giving me a ticket - CCTV will verify, but they wont show it as it would obviously prove they are lying. (I'll take a photo with me of the camera that was pointing directly at my car.)
3. I've attached 2 photos I'll take with me that show the judge they deliberately hide the no parking sign behind a huge sign, so you cant see it as you drive it.

Anyone see any issues with that plan?
TIA

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2017 at 5:22PM
    Options
    mortabre wrote: »
    ...Just started small claims court process, they (Gladstones solicitors) have asked the judge to 'hear the case on papers only' which I have rejected, which I guess means they have no intention of showing up.

In case they do, my defence is simply that:
    1. I was a customer using the toilet, - receipt as evidence.
    2. They are lying about giving me a ticket - CCTV will verify, but they wont show it as it would obviously prove they are lying. (I'll take a photo with me of the camera that was pointing directly at my car.)
    3. I've attached 2 photos I'll take with me that show the judge they deliberately hide the no parking sign behind a huge sign, so you cant see it as you drive it.

Anyone see any issues with that plan?
    TIA
    Well.....you read it wrong that they won't show up just because you refused the "papers only" decision

And that defence won't work

Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Lots of advice there on preparing your defence.

After constructing it put it up here for comments

The advice throughout is never to reveal who was driving - so edit your post to remove those details. The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    a "month later" seems to make a mokery of POFa 2012 when its an ANPR ticket , do you suspect that the photos are stills from a CCTV system ?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What did your defence actually say, word for word.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mortabre
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.
    "SMALL CLAIM? START A NEW THREAD PLEASE. " Quoted from the newbie FAQ.
  • mortabre
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    And that defence won't work
    Does anyone know why this user says that?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We want to see what your defence said, first. Exact words. It might work but it seemed sparse.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure