PPI investigation time limit

Options
I have used a company (Claimline Direct) to help with PPI claims... do not recommend this to anyone just do it yourself!
I paid a fee which is refundable if no money is reclaimed. Santander have an outstanding enquiry and I can't reclaim my fee until this is sorted. I applied last November. Is there a time limit on them having to make a decision? I have been told they have to respond within 8 weeks but there is no time limit on the decision process and find this strange.
Can anyone shed some light please?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They have 8 weeks to make a decision and then you can refer to FOS which will take anything p to 2 years. Avoid CMC like the plague but especially those who charge an upfront fee - if the company goes under (even if they then phoenix it back under a new name) you'll be out of pocket.
  • GILLW_3
    Options
    Thanks... will just have to keep my fingers crossed! Don't know why I fell for it, got the gift of the gab and wore me down I suppose. BIG mistake!
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GILLW wrote: »
    I have used a company (Claimline Direct) to help with PPI claims
    It is of course INdirect.

If you want to claim direct you go to whoever you are claiming against yourself.

However, if they did not check that you understood you could do that when they called and they did not make sure you realised the Financial Ombudsman Service was available to you then they were in breach of the Conduct of Authorised Persons rules 2014.

That would mean you can complain to Claimline direct and, if necessary, take your complaint against them to the Legal Ombudsman.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure