£15K 0% purchases for a year but must be done in 2 months. Ideas?

Options
2»

Comments

• crumpetman
    Options
    Surely you would be better off using some good cashback/reward cards like the Amex gold charge? Spend £2k in three months for about £100 back and then refer your OH for a card for more bonus points and spend another £2k in three months on the new card.
  • Savingdad
    Savingdad Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Buying gold coins? Sovereigns are capital gains tax free and they can be sold singularly as and when the price raises enough to make you a profit.
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    In summary a 0% offer of £15K with only two months to spend it is probably too much money for too little a time frame for it to coincide with established spending habits.

In short the credit offer is saying splurge now and pay later, perhaps at a higher interest rate.

I bought my last season travel ticket on a 0% rate and it has been at 0% all this time . The 0% was for 15 months so I will manage events to pay nothing in interest even though I have to buy another ticket to ride in December.

Interest free season ticket loans may be available from employers to pay off the season ticket purchases of employees !

J_B.
  • Martinslovechild
    Options
    Put next year's holiday onto the card? A holiday for 3 weeks to Australia could be somewhere around £7000-£9000 for 2 people including flights, hotels, internal flights, trips, transfers etc.

New Hi-Fi/AV equipment?

New TV?

New tyres for the car?
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport