IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

another UKPC thread

Options
Hi
I got stung last night parking at a large retail park. I parked behind a Frankie and Bennys and found a ticket from UKPC. I went back there today to check signage and there is a sign stating that it is for employees only. I couldnt see it in the dark and simply did not look in any case, as I assumed it was the general car park.
Anyway I have read all the threads and wonder whether i have a chance of challenging this. The signage is clear and can be seen, so I guess I can't go down that route. Any advice?

Cheers

Comments

• The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Anyway I have read all the threads and wonder whether i have a chance of challenging this. The signage is clear and can be seen, so I guess I can't go down that route. Any advice?
    I suggest you read them again, particularly the NEWBIES thread. If you didn't see the signage at the time, then it isn't clear. Anyway, always challenge on that, as well as everything else. Particularly if they claim a contract was entered into. If it's parking for employees only, then there was never any offer to you to park, and therefore there can be no contract. You were in effect trespassing, and only the landowner can pursue you for this (and claim damages of zero).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    I got stung last night parking at a large retail park. I parked behind a Frankie and Bennys and found a ticket from UKPC. I went back there today to check signage and there is a sign stating that it is for employees only. I couldnt see it in the dark and simply did not look in any case, as I assumed it was the general car park.

Cheers
    If you had read 'all the threads' on this forum even just for 2014 alone, you would have taken another year over it! What's wrong with just following the forum advice like all these people have done with PPCs including UKPC?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=64869779

HTH - do NOT discount any point, especially not signage. And the DRIVER does not appeal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure