MSE News: Concert booking fees getting beyond a joke, Which? says

Options
1235»

Comments

• Credz4
    Credz4 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Old thread I know but, just tried to book 3 £10 tickets for Glee Club in Nottingham which turned out to cost £11. Then tried to charge me £1.25 booking fee, per ticket. Called the number which ended up being in Birmingham. Got the only member of staff nationwide in the Glee Club. Was told £1.25 booking fee each ticket was how much it cost to administer each booking. Said was willing to pay one booking fee per booking but not per ticket. No movement from them so put phone down and booked each ticket separately! Took 5 mins longer but wanted to make a point.
  • MrsJackBauer24
    Options
    I've just bought two e-tickets via GetMeIn to see Impractical Jokers at the o2 in London for January 2017. The ticket price was £68.15. At check out on top of this I've been charged £24.98 'processing fee' and £2.40 for postage, why when they're e-tickets? Is there nothing any purchaser can do about these inflated charges? I cannot believe it costs them £12.49 to process each ticket and certainly not £2.40 to hit 'send' for an e-ticket.
  • musemad
    musemad Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    I never ever pay booking fees on my ticket when i go to see a concert , one of the biggest concert venues in the country is just a mile away from my home.
    I just turn up on the night of a concert maybe fifteen minutes before the artist comes on and offer the touts a really low price for a ticket - they always accept .
    Remember those tickets in their pockets become valueless once the artist comes on
    Never fails have seen queen , santana , little britain, muse , elton john :beer:
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 563 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can't believe that after spending over £40 in additional fees for 4 tickets with Ticketmaster that I don't even get a physical ticket to hold in my hand!

Someone has to put a stop to this - it is daylight robbery.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure