Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Elite :wave: I woke up at 7.30 and couldn't get back to sleep so listened to radio for an hour or so, then got up, had breakfast and done some washing. I'm off to Peterborough with a car load of bags of clothes to take to be weighed in for cash for charity as we had a big clear out in shop yesterday. Took everything off the rails and put all new stuff out
    Thanks TM, similar here, I foil wrap then pop them in the tie up freezer bags on a roll and write on with a sharpie.

Do you mean you’ve had the ziplock bags for years or do you have a vacuum machine? Yes, the bags seem very expensive to me too, bit cheaper on eBay but don’t really know what I’m looking for. The machines are on average about £40-£50 so after the initial outlay I’m hoping they will work out less than 10p to vacuum the food. Not paying anymore than that :rotfl:

I have a vacuum bag sealer machine and used to use it a lot when getting whoopsied meat. Splitting into useable portions. You can get so much more in your freezer if they are wrapped this way. After using the roll of bags that came with it, I just used normal freezer bags and they worked fine
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all, happy Saturday.
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 December 2017 at 11:52AM
    Options
    Speaking of food, here's some food for thought. Posted this elsewhere, but a year from Sunday will be the only day when all children will have been born in the third millenium and all adults in the second.:think:
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Jeremiah_T_Stone Posts: 751 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2017 at 11:25AM
    Options
    Good morning lovely peoples :T
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Just had a video chat with Those Sisters on my new phone :eek: & I could do the silly wigs & cat on head thingies too - little steps here :o

Anyway That Sister yesterday had RT in morning & Cetuximab in afternoon.
    Today RT in morning & again in afternoon.
    Tomorrow RT in morning & then home until Tuesday :)
    All going really well. No ghastly side effects as yet :) bar a red neck

Sending love and positive thoughts for successful treatment :A

When I had my RT, I found side effects didn't really kick in until week 3. I am still having areas of radiation burn come up on my skin 3 months after end of treatment. I was recommended, nay ordered to buy "Sativa Soft Body Emulsion". It's brilliant stuff - made in Madrid though, so I don't know if available here. I paid about £25 for 200ml .I have 9 x 5ml sachets which I will gladly send to you, just let me know :beer:
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Options
    Wish Sada would make up there minds how we use PAGS.
    When you go to small SS tills and hand them to the operator they complain that they don't have time, so today I decided to do the two I had for my shop for cheap chocolates myself. Entered the large barcode and the receipt number myself but could feel eyes burning the back of my head, once completed and pressed card payment to confirm PAGS had gone through, clicked Ok and then they pounced, "your not supposed to do them yourself we should be doing them"
    Told the lady that's fine but there is an option on the till for the customer to input details.
    Gave her the PAGS and receipts but as I was leaving she went over to the till I was using to look at details of transaction in the menu, if she would have asked I would have shown her my receipt.
  • BishyBarneyBee
    Options
    3Dogs wrote: »
    Good morning Elite :wave: I woke up at 7.30 and couldn't get back to sleep so listened to radio for an hour or so, then got up, had breakfast and done some washing. I'm off to Peterborough with a car load of bags of clothes to take to be weighed in for cash for charity as we had a big clear out in shop yesterday. Took everything off the rails and put all new stuff out

I have a vacuum bag sealer machine and used to use it a lot when getting whoopsied meat. Splitting into useable portions. You can get so much more in your freezer if they are wrapped this way. After using the roll of bags that came with it, I just used normal freezer bags and they worked fine

Good Morning All. I didn't realise that you could actually buy these for the kitchen I thought they were just for sucking air out of duvets etc. I've gone from not knowing they exist to really, really 'needing' one right now. This is the reason I steer clear of the shopping channel as last time I went on there I bought a extendable hose-reel thingy that promised to change my life.......
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I don’t know if this helps hampy but for chicken breasts I wrap in clingfilm and then put in Ziplock branded bags and never get freezer burn. It’s quite easy to press out the air out.

Just checking prices and they are :eek::eek:

I’ve had the bags years ....must have bought in bulk when cheap but just looking at prices now and they start at £9.99 on Amazon for 54 bags:eek:

If anyone knows where I can get these cjheaper I would love to know.

They really are the bees knees for freezing food.:)

We get the ziplock bags from Costco TM :j
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All. I didn't realise that you could actually buy these for the kitchen I thought they were just for sucking air out of duvets etc. I've gone from not knowing they exist to really, really 'needing' one right now. This is the reason I steer clear of the shopping channel as last time I went on there I bought a extendable hose-reel thingy that promised to change my life.......

It's this sort of thing BBB, for sealing food in bags after sucking the air out first:

71sdU6G7VzL._SY463_.jpg
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • hampydoodums
    Options
    izzy65 wrote: »
    I have a vacuum sealer, I buy the Lidl Aromata freezer bags, 75 of the 3l size, and find these are the best for freezing, they are so strong and seal really well with my machine.

Oooo, lovely thank you izzy, do you remember how much you pay please? :)
    3Dogs wrote: »

So you mean the blue or clear ones which come on a roll? Thanks 3D :)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • newbie1980
    newbie1980 Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i was asking last night about getting tap and pay to work on same phone after first months finished

i did the following

just used my wifes details not mine

hard reset phone then

different email
    different bank card
    didnt put house number on address
    different phone number

tap and pay has popped up ok

newbie1980
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories