IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Unreasonable Parking Operator

Options
I entered a car park and it had two choices, use the phone number or an app.

I tried to call the number but it automatically linked a car registration to my call which I did not recognise.

So I decided to use the "app". I wasn't really sure what the App looked like but used the one which I thought was correct. (you might see where this is going).

I used the same app again a week or two later.

Then low and behold, I get a couple of PCN's from the operator Civil Enforcement ltd (CEL).

Not sure, what I had done wrong, as knew I had paid using the app.

I contacted the App company, I visited the car park - really not clear on what it was I was doing wrong. I contacted CEL.

It was only after CEL replied, I visited the car-park again, and physically asked someone who was using the car-park at the time, did I appreciate what I was doing wrong.

It was then that I realised I had used the wrong app.

Unfortunately, CEL will not listen to reason, have claimed I have not responded to correspondence are beginning to migrate their claim to a company called ZZPS.

Advice on my next steps please.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a thread if they need further advice

Go there now and after reading up on the game you are involved in you should be better in the picture.

You look to now be in the debt collectors stage (see FAQ). You can safely ignore debt collectors

If they decide on court action, then don't ignore that!!
  • bpw32
    Options
    Thanks will do
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    thay are all "unreasonable"

that is why this forum exists, to educate people, which is why that NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread is "stuck" to the top of this forum
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why did you not appeal this to POPLA when CEL sent you the code in the rejection letter?

We assume that you blabbed about who parked the car, in your first appeal (oh dear, best defence point down the drain).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bpw32 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, CEL will not listen to reason, have claimed I have not responded to correspondence are beginning to migrate their claim to a company called ZZPS.

Advice on my next steps please.

So its not about a paring operator - Its about ZZPS, who are fully covered by post four of the Newbies Sticky.

You need to read-up on that fully and be ready to respond strongly should CEL try a court claim which is fairly unlikely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure