IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Moved house, DRP (sorry another thread) letter received at new address

Options
Does it matter that I moved house (but didn't change where vehicle was registered) before all these parking letters were sent out. I would not have received any letters if I had not gone to old house to check for post. I have not made any appeal or made contact with anyone. Will they just say I should have changed the address where vehicle was registered? I then received the first contact (DRP letter) at the new address and have missed the chance to appeal ect.

Coupon-mad - I've read through your links again and in a couple of places it tells me to reply to DRP:

Advice 1:

Write back. the letter should say

"Dear Rossendales. This debt is denied. Please return the case to your principal. If I received further correspondence from you I will commence legal action against you for harassment. Yours faithfully"

Advice 2:

if your PPC is a litigious one like ParkingEye (I think mine was CP Plus) then you should not ignore the PPC (ignore DRP though). You should be appealing late or resetting the clock by naming the driver & their postal address (if yours was a postal PCN).

But to be fair you also said this: "ignore or reply (your choice) but neither will stop the letters and more new threads about the same old thing is pointless."

So is it now a case of sit and wait for LBA/court papers in the hope that they never come?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 December 2014 at 7:47PM
    Options
    It only says write to DRP if you really prefer not to ignore it - I prefer the ignore route for debt collectors. Or you could try sending a late appeal to CP Plus (not DRP) and say this is the first you heard of it, never received any Notice to Keeper and this is your appeal (as per the NEWBIES THREAD). Then complain to the BPA if you then don't get a POPLA code because sometimes the BPA tell a PPC to issue a late POPLA code. I reckon the BPA is feeling pretty smug right now about POPLA compared to the IPC joke version and seem a little more amenable, perhaps, to encouraging PPCs to issue POPLA codes.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure