What time do you let your children out in the morning?

Options

Comments

• Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My 2 girls would never be up at 6am!

I think after 9am is acceptable.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • I_wanna_live_for_free
    Options
    My rule was always never before breakfast. Which worked as breakfast time at weekends is around 9am on a Saturday and nearer 11am on a Sunday (blissful lie-ins!) Also in the evenings, I made sure that no outdoor play after 8pm (I know how nice it is to sit out in the garden and just be, in the evening)

My neighbour has now put a 3' fence on top of our fence so it's 7' tall. Which also prevents their cats jumping over to poop in our garden! Said children are now jumping on trampoline and trying to see into the water butt.

:eek:
  • LunaLady
    LunaLady Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    Options
    I wish I could have lie-ins. I am so jealous having seen 6 am every morning for the last 7 years and several other hours around the clock.

One day he will sleep I hope :D
    SPC #1813
    Addicted to collecting Nectar Points!! :D
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    9am is definitely acceptable. Wish our neighbours were this considerate.
    As a teacher who has no children, I value my quiet lie ins. Unlike the man down the street who was cutting his grass at 7am this morning.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • faerie~spangles
    faerie~spangles Posts: 1,871 Forumite
    Options
    Why do parent's think it is acceptable to allow their children to scream and shriek like something possessed when they are outside playing?

I honestly don't get it nor do I recall mine ever doing it.
    I'm not that way reclined

Jewelry? Seriously? Sheldon you are the most shallow, self-centered person I have ever met. Do you really think that another transparently-manipu... OH, IT'S A TIARA! A tiara; I have a tiara! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me! Put it on me!
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Why do parent's think it is acceptable to allow their children to scream and shriek like something possessed when they are outside playing?

I honestly don't get it nor do I recall mine ever doing it.

I did! Granted we were shrieking in fields, but its the same premise - sometimes as a kid its just great to make loads of noise :D.

Tell you whats worse (and I have the greatest sympathy for anyone who works in them) - those indoor playcentre places. OMG the noise in there from all the shrieking screaming kids - and thats when they're happy!
  • thegirlintheattic
    Options
    9 am is reasonable any day but I wouldn't let kids run riot in the garden at any time.

My neighbors let theirs out to roam around the neighborhood at all hours - screeching, shouting, swearing, climbing over fences and throwing stones. Even when they are 'reluctantly' kept in their garden they make a racket and climb the fence.
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
  • BugglyB
    BugglyB Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    Reading this thread again I'm tickled by the title - it reminds me of letting the cat out in the morning :-)

routine:
    9am get up
    9.15 breakfast
    9.30 let kids out
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BugglyB wrote: »
    Reading this thread again I'm tickled by the title - it reminds me of letting the cat out in the morning :-)

routine:
    9am get up
    9.15 breakfast
    9.30 let kids out

Me too !

I never "let my kids out" i just waited until they decided that they wanted to play out. Both mine were happy form an early age to watch childrens tv after breakfast, whilst i chilled out, did some chores etc. It was usually well after 10-11 am before they decided it would be good to play outside.
  • LunaLady
    LunaLady Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    Me too !

I never "let my kids out" i just waited until they decided that they wanted to play out. Both mine were happy form an early age to watch childrens tv after breakfast, whilst i chilled out, did some chores etc. It was usually well after 10-11 am before they decided it would be good to play outside.

Trouble is he wants to go out at 6am - and when I say he is loud I mean loud - he isnt into TV.
    SPC #1813
    Addicted to collecting Nectar Points!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family