First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gangsters, need a good kicking
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JackTrez wrote: »
    When they were done they gave him a bill.
    And has he paid it?
    I'm not sure how he found the company. The number that he apparently called yesterday is now out of service.
    I think that tells you all yo need to know about them.
  • JackTrez
    Options
    And has he paid it?

Unfortunately yeah.
  • Fat_Walt
    Fat_Walt Posts: 750 Forumite
    Options
    They cut tree roots ?

Call action fraud, he has been done.

Surly if you think a crime has been comitted you're advice should be to call the police?

Action Fraud would only pass it onto them if they think it worthy of further action.
  • JackTrez
    Options
    I have managed to track them down. The lady on the other end of the line confirmed that they did do the work at the property but couldn't answer questions about the job - claimed she was weekend staff and to call next week.
  • southcoastrgi
    Options
    I find it very hard to believe that all that work was done in an hour, the company I use charge £180 for a camera survey & that inc time, plant & a DVD of the survey
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I remember applying for a job with one of the big players in this industry and at interview was told 'we encourage our staff to upsell services even if they are not required'.

If it was a shared sewage pipe, then he should have called his local water company as they have a duty to unblock them.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The normal scam is to leave a bag of pivot hedge roots to make it look like they have done something.
    It is a scam, they would have to dig to cut roots from inside a drain and relay new drains.

They unblocked his trap on his sink, waggled the camera down a manhole and ripped him off.

If the drains were blocked to the extent the sink would not drain, the garden would be under two feet of water.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Fat_Walt
    Fat_Walt Posts: 750 Forumite
    Options
    The normal scam is to leave a bag of pivot hedge roots to make it look like they have done something.
    It is a scam, they would have to dig to cut roots from inside a drain and relay new drains.

They unblocked his trap on his sink, waggled the camera down a manhole and ripped him off.

If the drains were blocked to the extent the sink would not drain, the garden would be under two feet of water.

Really? Problem with water draining yes.
  • Marktheshark
    Options
    They did not charge for a blocked sink, they charged for blocked drains, by tree roots apparently.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport