Warning - P2G not checking imported addresses

Options
Just a warning to others who import their addresses from Ebay to Parcel2go. I have a parcel stuck in transit as there is an address query, turns out it has the wrong postcode. This is the postcode given on Ebay and Paypal.

Well, I imported this directly from Ebay to P2G and they obviously don't check addresses with their database as postcode was not queried. Now I know if I manually book a parcel and type in house number and postcode the problem would be highlighted immediately as the address just wouldn't come up.

Will be double checking all addresses from now on

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe they work on the theory that YOU have checked the addresses before bulk uploading them, a reasonable assumption.
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What an odd comment as I am trying to highlight what I see as a potential problem to others. The addresses on P2G are checked when manually booking a parcel but are not checked when importing, I think that information is worth passing on to others. Especially when it says on their website that if you import your addresses they will always be 100% accurate!
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    I would have thought your first post is an odd comment. If it's come straight from eBay, then the buyer typed it in, so it would be reasonable for P2G to assume the buyer knows their own address?

Contact your buyer, it's their fault.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport