Cineworld 2D tickets £8 or 3D tickets £10 @ livingsocial

Options

Comments

• ScaredCrow
    ScaredCrow Posts: 484 Forumite
    edited 24 May 2012 at 1:27PM
    Options
    Do you have to use both tickets at the same time?

The terms state "• Each voucher is valid for 2 tickets. Tickets can be redeemed together or individually". So you should be able to use them seperately. :)

Another question, when it says London, does it mean central London? What about surrounding nearby area's? I would love to get some but we live kinda close to London, Feltham is the cinema we'd be most likely to go to, but I don't think it'd be considered London? I've noticed they don't take part in many offers so I'm a bit skeptical. Does anyone have any idea if I'd be able to use these there? Thanks very much! :)
    :happylove
  • shoe*gal_2
    shoe*gal_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    Options
    Some of us can't go on Wednesdays because it's a school night and babysitters cost more than the tickets. It's a great deal for me when I can get grandparents assistance on weekends.
  • loranius
    loranius Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 May 2012 at 4:31PM
    Options
    Do you have to use both tickets at the same time?
    ScaredCrow wrote: »
    The terms state "• Each voucher is valid for 2 tickets. Tickets can be redeemed together or individually". So you should be able to use them seperately. :)

Another question, when it says London, does it mean central London? What about surrounding nearby area's? I would love to get some but we live kinda close to London, Feltham is the cinema we'd be most likely to go to, but I don't think it'd be considered London? I've noticed they don't take part in many offers so I'm a bit skeptical. Does anyone have any idea if I'd be able to use these there? Thanks very much! :)

I have bought these tickets before when they came up on livingsocial and I think pasting the instructions and the fine print from the voucher will help vastly:
    Instructions
    1) Visit www.cineworld.com
    2) Choose your preferred cinema, film, date and time of performance in the “BOOK TICKETS” box on the right hand side of the screen. (When you click on a time you will be taken to the next screen).
    3) Select the total number of tickets of each type in the drop down boxes, the page will display the total value of the order.
    4) Click the blue words that appear “Enter Promo Code/CEA Carer Code”
    5) Your voucher number is split into 2 codes
    6) Enter the first code and click 'apply', you will then need to enter your second code and click 'apply' again if you wish to redeem your second ticket. Please take care to enter each character of your code correctly, taking special care with difficult characters (“O” and “zero” for example).
    7) Each time you click “apply” the total will reflect the total value of your booking minus your discount.
    8) Once you have entered your codes click on “Confirm Tickets”.
    9) You now need to enter your own details and your credit/debit card details. You still need to enter your card details even if the total value of the booking is £0.
    10) Click on “Confirm Payment” (again, even if the value is £0).
    11) Review and check your booking, to collect your tickets you will need to take the card you used during the booking process to the cinema and put it into the automated ticket collection point. Your tickets will be dispensed at the cinema
    The Fine Print
    Limit 1 voucher per person, additional as a gifts. Eachvoucher valid for 2 people • Please keep this voucher code in a safe place, it is not replaceable if lost or stolen • This Voucher Code may only be used to make bookings online at www.cineworld.com, it may not be used to make bookings via telephone or in person at the cinema • This voucher code may be exchanged for Two tickets for any performance at any Cineworld Cinema in the UK or
    Republic of Ireland (Excluding Cineworld Chelsea, Fulham Road, Haymarket and Shaftesbury Avenue). Not valid for Alternative Content, Special Advance Screenings and VIP Boxes • 2D tickets purchased are not valid for any 3D screening • 3D tickets purchased are valid for any
    screening including 3D • 3D tickets only; This voucher code is not exchangeable for 3D glasses, please use your own or purchase from the cinema • This voucher code cannot be
    exchanged wholly or partly for cash • This voucher code is valid until 4th February 2012 • This voucher is subject to Cineworld Cinemas standard terms and conditions. See
    www.cineworld.co.uk/terms for details
    Except where noted in the Fine Print:
    No cash value/cash back
    Tax and gratuity are not included
    Entire value must be used in one visit
    Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
    LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - livingsocial.com/terms

I think from reading the fine print you will need to buy a West End Ticket to watch it at Fulham Road. (my ticket was for London Cineworlds excluding West End)
  • Zara77
    Zara77 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Whilst this really is a great deal,a little tip for anyone in the London and with Sky. If you log into your Sky account,go to treats-you can get 2 £3 (including 3D)tickets for Mondays at the Cineworld at the 02 Greenwich.
    May not be good for everyone but still decent for those that can use.
    Zara
  • winnywitch
    winnywitch Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks! Just brought two 3D tickets! ;0)
  • ScaredCrow
    ScaredCrow Posts: 484 Forumite
    edited 26 May 2012 at 1:59PM
    Options
    Hi, has anyone used their vouchers yet? I don't understand why mine doesn't work it keeps saying "This discount code does not exist." I tried three different cinema's, Feltham, High Wycombe and Bristol. None of them work! The terms say the code will be split into two different codes, but I only got one 10 digit code? I tried splitting it by entering the first five digits seperately, but still no luck. Really wanted to use these tonight but I can't figure out why it isn't working. :( Any idea's anyone? Thanks!

Update: Just read the PSD file and it says go to LSCinema.co.uk, but the site doesn't even work, what's going on. :\

Further update: Nevermind I've figured it out now! Just had a really dumb moment but all sorted now. :D
    :happylove
  • ictsource
    Options
    Has anybody tries the £5 Odeon tickets? what are the catches? Is it too late? Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • Alf32
    Alf32 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    ScaredCrow wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone used their vouchers yet? I don't understand why mine doesn't work it keeps saying "This discount code does not exist." I tried three different cinema's, Feltham, High Wycombe and Bristol. None of them work! The terms say the code will be split into two different codes, but I only got one 10 digit code? I tried splitting it by entering the first five digits seperately, but still no luck. Really wanted to use these tonight but I can't figure out why it isn't working. :( Any idea's anyone? Thanks!

Update: Just read the PSD file and it says go to LSCinema.co.uk, but the site doesn't even work, what's going on. :\

Further update: Nevermind I've figured it out now! Just had a really dumb moment but all sorted now. :D

I think I'm being dumb now LSCinema site is not working so how do I use voucher code?!!
    Really wanted to go tonight, and so frustrated, someone help please
  • hartebeespoort
    Options
    I bought one of those vouchers too and cannot access the site as it is down for maintenance. What did you do to get past that?
    I have emailed the Living Social site to get a refund but have had no reply to my email.
    Help!!!
  • Jrp101
    Jrp101 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I see a few people are having problems redeeming the codes. I had the same problem but figured it out.
    Step 1: type in the link given in full into your address bar. (make sure you use upper and lower case. Do not type LSCinema into google as it redirects you to a site that doesn't work)
    Step 2: you'll be redirected to a cineworld sub site, type in the living social code and on the next page provide your email address. Once this is done, you will receive an email with 2 codes you can use on the cineworld web site.
    Step 3: go to cineworld.co.uk and when you book your tickets enter your new codes into the box that says apply promo code. Once done it should take the price to zero.
    Step 4: enter your card details (it won't charge you, it's just so it can recognise your card when you use it to collect your tickets from the machine at the cinema)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure