IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Is it worth me appealing to POPLA?

Options
2»

Comments

• screamager45
    Options
    Long time no reply, but just wanted everyone in this forum to know I successfully appealed and POPLA cancelled the ticket. Thanks everyone for your advice and help.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    On what basis did they cancel, GPEOL or no contract. You should now post details on all the notice boards, and raise the matter at the AGM if you are a leaseholder. If you are renting, let your landlord know.

FWIIW, if you had parked in one of my spaces I would have let your tyre down.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • alparking
    Options
    Hi Could anyone help?
    I've had 2 tickets this summer from PCN company from a private parking company Totalling £200
    I paid for parking every day I was on holiday andsomehow kept my tickets

Ticket Fine 1. shows I underpaid by 20p i I paid £3 rather than £3.20

Ticket Fine 2. shows I paid in full and then some but I typed my registration in wrong 1 digit was incorrect.

I appealed to the Company, with photocopies
    Ticket Fine 1. this was rejected by the Private company

Ticket Fine 2. They said they'd discount the fine to £20 but feel in principle this just isn't right

My question really is it worth going through the POPLA website. if so could anyone give me some advice
    Much appreciated if you can

Many Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You need to start a new thread of your own please. One case only per thread.

Put the full name of the parking company in your new thread, then advice will come through. You're a bit vague at the moment on who issued the ticket.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Chrisey
    Chrisey Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so distraught, I wasn't well and parked in the range disabled bay, needed the loo as I have medical problems, I am diabetic and have fibromyalgia both make you forgetful, I'm nearly 62, memory problems, I forgot to put my blue badge up, I wasn't even aware I was in a parking site you have to pay in, anyway that day I wasn't well came from an appoint that was stressful at my clinic, I even forget my shopping at the range and had to go back in to get it, I left it on the tills, when I got home I noticed a parking charge stuck on my windscreen, 11.00. - 1105. The loos are way up the lift and at back of store, I could never have got there and back and shopped within 5 mins of receiving this charge. £100. Oh my where do I find that sort of money, I suffer with mental health problems and this is tipping me over the edge, I have written to the range they say this is to stop unauthorised use of their car parks (but I was a customer that day), I have written explaining to ukcps that I don't have to give the name of the driver but explained what happened. No reply. What can I do please help? Should I borrow £100 I'm devastated, my memory is awful I was being tested for dementia at one point but I'm ok, just all my meds making me confused and my illnesses making me forget things.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have answered your other post , please do not tag onto other posts that are a different company and old , please go to your post /edit/advanced and delete it , I will then drlete this post
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    alparking wrote: »
    Hi Could anyone help?
    I've had 2 tickets this summer from PCN company from a private parking company Totalling £200
    I paid for parking every day I was on holiday andsomehow kept my tickets

Ticket Fine 1. shows I underpaid by 20p i I paid £3 rather than £3.20

Ticket Fine 2. shows I paid in full and then some but I typed my registration in wrong 1 digit was incorrect.

I appealed to the Company, with photocopies
    Ticket Fine 1. this was rejected by the Private company

Ticket Fine 2. They said they'd discount the fine to £20 but feel in principle this just isn't right

My question really is it worth going through the POPLA website. if so could anyone give me some advice
    Much appreciated if you can

Many Thanks
    Please start your own thread!

Back on the main page of the parking forum. If you need help, hit the 'user help' tab or re-watch the 'new to the forum' video when you signed up.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure