Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Puzz, I'm not sure whether the animal charity who helped you with the trap is the RSPCA or not. I no longer have anything to do with them (for various things that I don't agree with) but I do know that their policy used to be that when they caught feral cats and removed them from farms and so on locally they took them and neutered them (for free). Then they brought them back and released them into the same territory. I'm not sure it was altogether because their rehoming centres are full to bursting, but after all, who wants to take on and give a home to a mature once-feral Tom cat? They believed it was more humane for the cats concerned. I just couldn't agree with that as although neutering a feral Tom might remove some of it's 'roaming' instincts and hopefully make it less bolshie it doesn't just 'reform' it's ways. The ones that were returned still came round looking for food and generally being a nuisance.

Don't want to rain on your parade but thought it worth a mention.
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant! What happens now?
    Well done you.
    Puzz, I'm not sure whether the animal charity who helped you with the trap is the RSPCA or not. I no longer have anything to do with them (for various things that I don't agree with) but I do know that their policy used to be that when they caught feral cats and removed them from farms and so on locally they took them and neutered them (for free). Then they brought them back and released them into the same territory. I'm not sure it was altogether because their rehoming centres are full to bursting, but after all, who wants to take on and give a home to a mature once-feral Tom cat? They believed it was more humane for the cats concerned. I just couldn't agree with that as although neutering a feral Tom might remove some of it's 'roaming' instincts and hopefully make it less bolshie it doesn't just 'reform' it's ways. The ones that were returned still came round looking for food and generally being a nuisance.

Don't want to rain on your parade but thought it worth a mention.

:j Good Morning.... and my cats are out enjoying the garden as they should be...

Thank you for my messages...

cbc, no the rspca round here don't do anything except raise money from what i can gather.. this was the good old fashioned CPL...

So update on bad cat/steve.. so yesterday at about 5.30 I texted my neighbour and the cpl lady to say no luck today and then literally minutes later looked out the back garden and saw steve walking towards the trap... my heart was in my mouth and my legs started shaking as I willed him to go in.. at the same time my dd shouts sainsburys are here.... great timing.. so she comes and stands next to me and we watch and wait and he goes in.... we both couldn't believe it... i dealt with sainsburys and then quickly rang the cpl lady and dd went and sat outside with steve and he kept trying to escape by pulling the door up....:eek:

He was huge...!!! But the long shot is cpl arrived and took him off in the trap, thankfully I didn't fancy trying to get him into a basket.. He seemed to enjoy his time chatting with dd...! He was taken to the vets and is an unneutered tom, lots of fleas and matted coat and no microchip..:T.. So today he is being neutered and then off to a rehoming centre about 15 miles away....

Apparently he purred a lot at the vets so he was obviously pleased to finally have been found.. They say he is about 8/9 and shouldn't have any trouble rehoming him....:D

Don't you just love a happy ending.... I still can't believe we actually caught him...!!!!

So onwards with maybe less cat chat.... today I have my bedding in the wash, and I will start my cleaning.. the joy... hope to take dd into town later to sort her new phone out which we have had for over a month... may also go and pick up some veggie plants although not sure what the weather is predicted to do over the weekend.... tomorrow I have some paid work to do, sunday and monday no plans yet...

catch you later... do you see what I did there...:rotfl:

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Daydreambeliever
    Options
    That is good news about Steve and for your wee furbabies, bless him may he find his purrfect forever home now. Enjoy the weekend Puzz x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm really happy for all the cats concerned:T. Your 2 will be able to enjoy their garden again and your neighbour's cat can come visiting again and enjoy spending time with you:j

I'm happy for Steve too. You must have a lot of people in your area wanting to rehome a cat though. Round here the centres/rescues are absolutely full to overflowing with beautiful cats and kittens of all ages, many of them being pets that have strayed from home and can't be reunited or pets whose owners have died or had to move/go into care. A lot of them are just unable to take in any more on until they rehome some of their current residents. If an 8/9 year old like Steve who may not have been a pet already finds a lovely home he'll have done the cat equivalent of winning the lottery. I really hope he makes it. I love a happy ending:beer:
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Afternoon...

And a lovely short week thanks to the BH Monday... So my cats are still enjoying the garden, they are getting braver now they haven't been jumped on for awhile...:D

This weekend I will be driving dd back to uni for her last fortnight and then bar exams she is back for the whole summer.... am toying with being brave and driving without LM.. well actually I haven't even asked if she's free so might just have to be brave....:eek:

Money News...

Got a huge mobile bill to pay next month, thanks to changing dd's contract mid month and my 4 days abroad.. I was expecting it but its bigger than I thought... Oh well hopefully I will still have some pennies left at the end of this month as its payday next Friday...:j

Am starting my own weight watchers tomorrow. .will be weighing in on a Friday morning and then will count points and do exercise.. I will, I really will.. although this weekend may not be too good as dd and i may have takeaway on Saturday.. ho hum.... i did toy with finding a new ww group as I didn't gel with the last lot, but they have also changed the system since I originally went in 2002 & 2004.... thought about slimming world but that looks complicated and anyway why do I want to pay someone to weigh me.. I can do that myself.. so if you see me sitting on my bottom eating biscuits... tell me off...!

Will need to balance it out with a busy working week next week, as I have lots of visits to do, including evening.. :(

LM still waiting for her results for her biopsy she had before we went away.. she's keeping in good spirits through it..!!!

That's about it for now..

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Afternoon...

I am stuck waiting to go out as I'm too early at the moment... so I shall update..

LM has an appointment at the hospital on Friday morning, I would offer to go with her but she has already arranged a meet up with a friend after.. They won't tell her the results over the phone so I suspect we are not going to get good news...:( Will update when I know...

I took dd back to Uni on Sunday but LM came as well as she wanted to get out the house.... No navigation this time and I got there without any wrong turns.. coming back I did back I did make 2 small one's but they were easy to rectify...! Not sure if I will be off to collect her again end of next week.....

Money News..

Not as good as I would have liked as I forgot about my donation to the CPL till they reminded me by sending an email to thank me this morning.. never mind.. I will still be a little in credit and payday Friday..:j

Diet News..

Mixed bag.. quite good on the food... have also been on the treadmill mon/tues and then gone out and done evening visits... no idea if I will lose or gain this week but glad I am at least now moving this body!!!!

Cats..

The old big ginger cat has made an appearance now the big black one has gone.. my boy is a terror for getting involved in any trouble as is one of my neighbours boys... never mind can't do much about it.. cats will be cats... I am sure this one has a home so can't trap it..:D

Weekend..

BF coming over Saturday night for takeaway and wine.... if weather okay will go and buy veggie plants on Sunday.. although it is freezing here today...!

Vouchers..

Now up to £70.. and its only the end of April.... Must up my game with Nectar as I am very lazy and haven't done any surveys for ages... The vouchers I have are all Love 2 shop that I earn through the RM postings/surveys I do... All saved for Christmas..

Right best get on and sort the rest of this week's work so I can have a cheeky free day on Friday..!!!

Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Puzz, Just popping in to say hello:)
    I hope that LM's appointment goes OK and that all is well.
    Summer is just round the corner apparently though temperature here is 2 degrees C :eek:
    I for one am looking forward to having DD home for a while :) four weeks to go and counting :D
    :T for thinking about braving the journey alone - I know how you hate the drives!

Love
    NOAh
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    :j:j:j
    LM has had the verbal all clear....:j:j:j
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's great news Puzz :)
    x
    NOAh
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Brilliant brilliant news re LM. You must be so relieved.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback