For UC my projected income needs to be at least 1000 but UC stops when I earn 500

Options
The 500 is probably because I don't rent or have any children. But it seems a bit odd that my business needs to be projecting to earn 1000 a month, but once I earn over 500 a month the UC amount goes to nothing. Is this right?

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    That makes sense. Your business needs to be sustainable, giving you enough to live on. It's not just about getting you off benefits, but giving you a way to be self supporting longer term.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To be a sensible option ,the business needs to have prospects and not just keep your head above water. If the latter was the case, you'd be better off employed elsewhere.
  • theronstar
    theronstar Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    For what it's worth, you can ask your work coach to reconsider the figures but I wholeheartedly agree with what the earlier posts said to you.
  • PollySouthend
    PollySouthend Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I see what you are saying, but the minimum floor doesn't​ take into account what I need to live off. I've inherited a house so have no mortgage or rent costs so the minimum amount I need for a good quality of life is less than the standard figure.
  • Brighty
    Brighty Posts: 755 Forumite
    Options
    I see what you are saying, but the minimum floor doesn't​ take into account what I need to live off. I've inherited a house so have no mortgage or rent costs so the minimum amount I need for a good quality of life is less than the standard figure.

So sign off UC then if you don't need it
  • PollySouthend
    PollySouthend Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brighty wrote: »
    So sign off UC then if you don't need it
    But I do need it at the moment, im just saying my minimum earnings to survive is 500 not 1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure