Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Fake charities - beware.

Options
andygb
andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Yetserday, I had a plastic bag put through my door from "Against breast cancer", - which I believe to be genuine and above board.

Today however, I have had a plastic bag from a "charity" called "Do not delay!".

I decided to investigate a bit further, and I think this one is a scam.
There is a company name on the back - Intersecond Ltd, which is the UK agent for Nedelsk (registered in Lithuania).
After a bit of digging on the net, I came up with some information:

http://www.charitybags.org.uk/clothing_collections/clothing_collections_intersecond_azzara_do_not_delay.shtml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1_hZHCXjDs

Comments

• ColinFishwick
    Options
    I dont give to any bags delivered because I am sick of companies running these only to give very little or nothing at all to charity. I wont ever give to chuggers either. I have even heard stories of people stealing bags outside homes and outside charity shops. When i give I go inside the charity shop and donate that way usually unwanted things
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    andygb wrote: »
    Yetserday, I had a plastic bag put through my door from "Against breast cancer", - which I believe to be genuine and above board.

Today however, I have had a plastic bag from a "charity" called "Do not delay!".

I decided to investigate a bit further, and I think this one is a scam.
    There is a company name on the back - Intersecond Ltd, which is the UK agent for Nedelsk (registered in Lithuania).
    After a bit of digging on the net, I came up with some information:

http://www.charitybags.org.uk/clothing_collections/clothing_collections_intersecond_azzara_do_not_delay.shtml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1_hZHCXjDs
    I've encountered these muppets before - I've issued a Withdrawal of Implied Right of Access (WOIRA) to Intersecond and they still breach it when in my area.

They don't respond to emails, so if they do it again, I'll be paying their offices a visit...
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    These bags (and we receive many - sometimes three a week) make great rubbish bags and save me money on binliners.

When I donate goods to charity, I prefer to choose who to donate to. I take things directly to local charity shops.
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    These bags (and we receive many - sometimes three a week) make great rubbish bags and save me money on binliners.

When I donate goods to charity, I prefer to choose who to donate to. I take things directly to local charity shops.

I think I will start doing that, this is a moneysaving forum after all - good tip kingfisherblue;)
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

Agreed!

I use bags for life (and have since long before the 5p charge came in) and haven't had to buy bin liners for probably 4-5 years. I do donate to charities, but not on the street or through collection bags etc, or by Direct Debit for that matter (as I got fed up with one asking for more every few months).
    💙💛 💔
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another vote for : use them as bin bags!
    oh and the wrapper they come in is also recycled- a friend is always looking for lightweight packaging for her ebay sales!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure