Amex ICC Euro alternative

Options
Hi,

I currently hold an Amex Charge Card in Euro, but I am looking for an alternative card as a backup - ideally Visa or MC.

The currency of the card has to be Euro and I would like to be able to setup SEPA Direct Debit to my bank account in Euro.

Unfortunately Amex is not accepted everywhere, but has all the other features I am looking for.

Any good alternative?

Thank you

Comments

• bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You could give a citibank card a try
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    nasca07 wrote: »
    Hi,

I currently hold an Amex Charge Card in Euro, but I am looking for an alternative card as a backup - ideally Visa or MC.

The currency of the card has to be Euro and I would like to be able to setup SEPA Direct Debit to my bank account in Euro.

Unfortunately Amex is not accepted everywhere, but has all the other features I am looking for.

Any good alternative?

Thank you

Does the account have to be domiciled in the UK? You could open an account with a European bank which includes a debit card (Ulster bank in the RoIreland for example). I think there's some which will allow you to open them online from the UK.

I used to have an account with Ulster Bank which operated exactly the same as a NatWest current account but in Euros, could also use RBS ATMs in the UK for free (withdraw EUR as GBP with no fees and the standard exchange rate).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure