IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye PCN Cafe Oasis Weymouth

Options
2»

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, include a photo of the PCN in your appeal. Highlight where the POFA wording is missing. Make it really obvious they are NOT claiming the keeper is liable.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is this not the location where the Cafe is not the owner of part of the site? Sure have seen this earlier. Part of the beach is not within the Cafe's curtilage.
  • gandl
    gandl Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Nosferatu - will do.

IamEmanresu-you could well be right - the car park does lead to an area of beach, but I think they claim it is part of the Cafe's property and therefore subject to the same parking restrictions.

Gandl
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Ive seena definitive map of the cafes holdings posted, versus what they claim. If the vehicle was parked beyond the actual land leased, then PE are stuffed. And of course, as its ANPR, they have no images of the vehicle parked....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ive seena definitive map of the cafes holdings posted, versus what they claim. If the vehicle was parked beyond the actual land leased, then PE are stuffed. And of course, as its ANPR, they have no images of the vehicle parked....

May be a site where PE won't want to have too many questions asked.....
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Pe will blame the cafe owner.
  • mwjn
    mwjn Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Gandl

Have you received any replies back from POPLA?

I have a PCN from ParkingEye which is Non-POFA Compliant and interested on the Outcome

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    People with a PE 'golden ticket' always win here, if they've avoided blabbing about who was driving:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5684787

You would have to try extremely hard to lose at POPLA with a 'golden ticket' (non-POFA). You are lucky!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mwjn
    mwjn Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Coupon-Mad

I will take a look at the link

Many thanks
  • Sdneo
    Sdneo Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Any more news on this. I am watching with interest as I have also been charged after a recent trip to Dorset. I also parked on the beach. But I got a ticket and left before the ticket ran out. Unfortunately I was unable to put he full registration into the machine as it only allowed the first 3 characters then stuck.

I have sent a copy of my ticket off to pe. They discounted it to £20. I explained I couldn’t put the full Reg in. They put it back up to £60.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure