Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

50 things in 2 years - for what would have been my sisters 50th birthday

Options

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    A year in - half way thou and half way thou my challenges, knitting needles are clicking away - doing some premmie knits, get there slowly but surely xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mum2one - I forgot to ask, did you do that interview for Macmillan you mentioned before?
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Anglea wrote: »
    Mum2one - I forgot to ask, did you do that interview for Macmillan you mentioned before?

We have ended up pulling out of it, we have literally had a ngtmare with npower side of the deal - we've been threatened with court action for outstanding bill (which was wrote off by McMillan) have demands for money every mth despite being on a fixed term payment - I've lost count of number of calls and complaints that have been logged. In a way it's been lucky that it is me that has dealt with it all and not mum, McMillan have been great and tried helping along the way - as I said to them and he service offered is amazing but how can I recommend it when we're going throu all this. I thought it was a new scheme - not been active for 9yrs - yet half the advisors don't know so i can only assume call centre - high turn over of staff xx
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I didn't realise the help from McM was meant to be financial I thought when you wrote about the interview before you meant emotional or practical support.

I hope the hassle will end for you mum2one. My friend has had non stop problems since moving into her new place earlier this year with utilities - gas, electric, water as well as rent and it's making her ill because whenever she thinks it will all be sorted out, it just gets even more mixed up - and none of it is her fault but the various companies.

So I can well imagine how you must have felt with all that going on in your family and having all those threats and you would be assuming that it would all be taken care of yet it's still an ongoing problem.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Anglea wrote: »
    I didn't realise the help from McM was meant to be financial I thought when you wrote about the interview before you meant emotional or practical support.

I hope the hassle will end for you mum2one. My friend has had non stop problems since moving into her new place earlier this year with utilities - gas, electric, water as well as rent and it's making her ill because whenever she thinks it will all be sorted out, it just gets even more mixed up - and none of it is her fault but the various companies.

So I can well imagine how you must have felt with all that going on in your family and having all those threats and you would be assuming that it would all be taken care of yet it's still an ongoing problem.

It was recommended by Mcmillan, joiny scheme with NPOwer - cancer patients / family - they write off a bill (for us was nearly £300) that was elec only over 3 mth winter, then you have a fixed payment for 2 yrs - if u pay £50 a mth - and u use less then no refund - if u use more then the costs are absorbed.

Its unbelievable all it needs is a to communicate with B, I dont envy your friend, good luck xxx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    24 - quilts and massive bag of bedding - doggies home

25- 3 premier sets - cardigan, nappy cover, socks, blankets, angel dress, bonding squares, added extras bonding squares, 30 pros knitted booties - posted premix charity x
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    26 - mass book clear out to vets - they sell them to raise funds for guide dogs xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I need to have an update....

27. Made a donation to dogs trust - in memory of dad.... we still brought a wreath for the crem, the money will go to better use

28. Donated gifts to dogs trust for there Xmas fayre.

29. 3 carrier if bags for vets - guide dogs

30. Pre xmas .... tree / lights / decs - doggie charity
  • gracekk
    Options
    good idea, and keep doing
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    No 31 - done 4 sets of jacket, socks, hat, blanket, nappy cover and bonding squares for angel babies. 8 Prs little booties - there wrapped ready to go xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport