Anyone familiar with Newquay, Cornwall?

Options
13»

Comments

• melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 18 June 2016 at 5:49PM
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your very knowledgeable information!

Apologies for taking so long to reply, but I was lucky enough to get a cheap flight to Bilbao and did the Basque country last week, San Sebastian and Bayonne aswell, and an even cheaper flight back home from Biarritz! All done on a reasonable budget too. Well everything is cheaper in Spain and France anyway.

We have decided to get a car for Cornwall. Seems the only way to really explore, and have taken your comments on Newquay on board aswell re Hens and Stags etc. (a bit like Dublin's Temple Bar on a Saturday, no native would EVER go there!!).

If anyone ever needs any inside info on Dublin (or anywhere in Ireland) let me know. Payback time for all your help here. Thanks again.
  • dirty_magic
    dirty_magic Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I really like Newquay. We go a lot, and we always stay around Newquay. There are hens and stags, but I've never found it over the top. It's definitely not in the same league as Blackpool.

We've been to St Austell and weren't keen on it, there's not a lot there really.

There are lots of nice walks around but you'll definitely have more options with a car. The SW coastal path is lovely, I like the walk between Crantock and Holywell Bay. There's a really old pub with a thatched roof you can stop at for a drink but I can't remember what it's called now.

The walk between Mawgan Porth and Bedruthan Steps is nice too and Padstow is pretty, it gets packed by the harbour though.
  • Octobergirl
    Octobergirl Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We have family in Cornwall, so visit regularly. There are a lot of lovely national trust properties. The camel trail bikes/walking is great, takes you into /from padstow. I prefer Gardens of Heligan over Eden. If you google trip advisor and put in things to do Cornwall, it gives you great ideas, together with days out with kids Cornwall ( still gives great ideas even if you don't have kids). Going in a few weeks, got hidden valley discovery, trehbar beach and gardens, looe to polperro walk, tintagel castle, looe monkey sanctuary on our 'to do' list this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure