so........ the advents

Options

Comments

• babs
    babs Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I've been at it all day, entered nearly all the advents (seriously lost count of how many!) and up to date till the 7th dec on general board, did about 40 dailies as well - well knackered and its nearly tomorrow and have to do it all over again!!! :eek: Think I will have to be a bit more picky!
    £2021 in 2021... £253.86/£2021
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm like you Babs, I've not entered any dailies for absolutely ages, but i keep them all in my own boomarked folder. I've sorted all through them today, added all the advents I want to enter and have entered those too. It's taken me all day, I've only stopped to eat and pee, oh and to enter The Times hourly comp.

I don't know how I will manage tomorrow as I'm at work all day .... do you think I can ring in and get a sicky just so I can keep up to date
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • vanpopple
    vanpopple Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well its my first advent and after first 2 days im going ok, now whittled them down to around 100 theres alot of not so good stuff on - money off etc..
    And i dont enter everything i see, i only enter for prizes i want.

And c'mon people stop saying im dreading this dreading that, comping should be fun and if youre dreading it - then STOP DOING THEM.

Its christmas have fun do what you can and dont let comps get you down, if they do get a new hobby, be positive.!
    (its like the times weekend comps people going 'oh theres goes my weekend, !!!!!! it takes 4 SECONDS! to enter them, stop ruddy moaning)

And BEST OF LUCK & XMAS WISHES TO 'LADYMORTICIA' for monday x
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only:eek:
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    vanpopple wrote: »

(its like the times weekend comps people going 'oh theres goes my weekend, !!!!!! it takes 4 SECONDS! to enter them, stop ruddy moaning)

I've never really understood that one, either ....
    But I suppose if people are OCD about comping then it's hard to ignore hourly comps :)
  • lilrahi
    lilrahi Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    Options
    I've never really understood that one, either ....
    But I suppose if people are OCD about comping then it's hard to ignore hourly comps :)

It takes me about a minute on my mobile to enter. I can fit it in whenever. I don't need to stop cooking/looking after the children/ going out/ not walk the dog etc...

Last week I was at a concert from 5pm onwards but I still managed to enter it!
    You'll have to speak up; I'm wearing a towel
  • vanpopple
    Options
    Exactly lil & oney,
    Like now im actually a bit bored, ive done the advents and all the comps closing for the next 2 days,
    As long as people bookmark in advance by a couple of days its not bad at all.

Im guessing the ones who moan are the ones who enter every single comp going (ie - enter for baby goodies but dont have kids, or for horsey products but dont have horses)
    If you only enter for prizes you personally would like or a prize for a relative etc then comping is easy and fun, admittedly i get stressed sometimes, but ive quickly realised the more organised you are the easier it is.

I mean now i can literally go through the advent list and enter everything in site, but im a firm believer in what goes around, and ive won over £10000 in prizes in 11 months:eek: (and given away for free over £1500.00 worth on here & to charity) so i guess im doing something right.
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only:eek:
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    You sound like you're very lucky :D

I'm not, but I barely comp anyway. Just the odd thing here and there. I don't watch films, so all the DVD comps are out (and there's loads of them!), don't have kids, or pets etc ...
  • tinktinktinkerbell
    Options
    i entered 201 comps yesterday and thats me being picky :eek:

i dont enter holidays, trips away, make up, shoes, clothes etc

yet i still manage to find that many haha
  • vanpopple
    edited 3 December 2012 at 12:04AM
    Options
    Well heres how ive done it - ive checked my ffox history
    PAGES VISITED IN:-
    OCT - 13617
    NOV- 13861

As you can see the amount of pages visited is virtually identical, and thats how i do it, i try to enter the same amount every single day of the week, every week of every month and even when i feel like crap still do it..

I dont enter for baby stuff, dvds, cds, downloads, animal products, books, food related items (apart from kitchen equipment)
    I hardly do any twitter comps, and only do about 10-20 fb ones)
    I dont do any where you have to send recipes, upload videos, compose stories, send photos.
    (have done literally probably a mixture of 10 in the last month of those type - basically if im bored and fancy writing a story)
    Oh and i STILL dont do any of those in the regular.dailies thread (never got my head around them despite firefly,weeowens and many others trying to give me hints and tips - i think i understand the thread now but am waiting until the new year before i start to tackle these mag dailies)

So there we go but the one thing what keeps me going everyday is worrying that if i dont do any comps today then darn they were comps id have won, so i make myself do them.

And i love the fact that 'lilrahi' entered whilst at a concert thats pure class:T

Anyway dont get too stressed enjoy and the best of luck to you all xx

((wow just checked pages visited yesterday --- 1077 !!!!!!! wow !!!!!! me, knew i felt knackered at 4am this morning - so based on that december pages visited should be around 33387...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! excuse whilst i pick my jaw up off the floor))
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How do you check pages visited vanpopple? I use FF and I'd be interested to learn
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure