PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Anyone use an electric egg boiler?

Options
124»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    they look very swish but its just another gadget for the kitchen I have used my old egg pan for around 50 + years and it cost me 2/6d in Woolworths :) its only used for boiled eggs and has years of water marks on it but also with it come the memories of cooking boiled eggs and doing 'soldiers' of bread for my children when they were small (now 47 +49:)), and then my seven grandchildren there is something so comforting about dippy eggs and soldiers that even the most grown up person enjoys them.

My eldest DGS lives in Manhattan Michaelio, and I can remember cooking him them when he was a tiny boy 25 years ago :). I can almost guarantee if and when he comes home on holiday he would quite happily sit down to some with toasted soldiers and butter in the old silver Humpty Dumpty egg cup that I still have in the kitchen
    Memories are precious things that are a reward to us 'old 'uns for a life time of cooking for our families I can't see me buying into a gadget now I shall stick to my water-stained egg pan and my memories of the thousands of breakfasts that I have cooked for my family over the years :):):) have a nice day honey

JackieO xx
  • tiredwithtwins
    Options
    I got mine from Lakeland about 5 years ago, think it was £14.99, bought it as I love poached eggs and boiled eggs but just couldn't get it right.

one of the best things ive ever bought!!
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • MsLdn
    MsLdn Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I used to have one - must have been about 20 years ago - and it was wonderful. Perfect solid white and runny yoke every time. In fact I think it might have been called the 'perfect egg boiler', come to think of it. These day I don't boil eggs, unless intending to hard boil. I poach them instead - seems to be more reliable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure